Chapter 23

Ikuto's Pov

It must have been nightfall by now. Amu was in even more pain than when it was brighter outside. Her insides must be burning like crazy, and her hunger wasn't helping her. She was between my legs clutching onto her stomach and screaming. I held her dead to my neck and tried to calm her down, even if it was just a little.

She was deathly close to my neck, and I don't know what she'll end up doing. She could bite me, she could not and continue to suffer, or the pain is too overwhelming and she died. It pained me to see her like this. But If I said anything, she would only ignore me, so there was no point. There was nothing I could do for her, expect to sit here, covered in her seat and holding her, praying the pain passes soon, but I highly doubt it, and so does she. Most likely.

Amu's Pov

My insides were burning. My heart is beating a thousand beats an hour, my lungs aren't getting enough air and my stomach is begging for bloody, but there was none. This place wasn't completed. I didn't install a fridge for blood bags, and I was in too much of a hurry to hunt an animal. I was weak. I was vulnerable.

Ikuto pushed my face into his neck. I could hear his blood flowing through his body. It was making me hungry, and I was gasping for air. I could feel my fangs inching out. "Amu," I didn't move, but my hunger was going crazy. "I won't tell Yori you bit me." Without thinking things through, I bit Ikuto. His blood was sweet. I expected hunter blood to be bitter and full of poison.

I let him go, and within seconds, some of my pain subsided, and I fainted, again.

Ikuto's Pov

She was out like a light again. She wasn't as hot as she was before. I laid her down and got chills. I whipped off the sweat from my body and took off my shirt. The front was soaked in Amu's sweat. Yoru came back with the girls. "Is she okay now?" I nodded. "She's sleeping," I said. "You have bite marks desu." I touched my neck. "Amu bit me," I said.

"Really? Are you okay nya?" I nodded. "She doesn't bite people like that. It goes against her diet." Diet? The woman who almost never eats has a diet? "What's her diet?" I asked. Ran had to think for a minute. Then the turned to look at Su. "What's her diet again?" I sighed. How does she not know her owner's diet?

"Animal and donated blood desu," Su said and Ran stratched the back of her little head. "Well, you know our Amu chan. She feeds her children before herself like a real mother." I looked at Amu's sleeping body. I wonder what does on in her head on a daily basis. Can't be easy. "We'll be here for 2, 3 days max. Ikuto, you can't survive for very long without food."

I said nothing and just shrugged. "Let's call Kukai desu. We'll meet him somewhere farther away, but not too far." I nodded and pulled out my phone. "Phone is the fest thing we got. We can't use Amu chan's mind link when she's this weak." I called Kukai. And again, he picked up on the first ring. "Is Amu Okay?!" I held the phone away from my ear.

"You'll wake her up if you scream any louder," I said whipping away Amu's sweat again. She wasn't as hot as before, but she still sweating like crazy. "Mind bringing some food for me?" I asked. "Yeah sure. I'll bring blood bags too." I looked down at Amu. "She'll be fine. She has me." I said. "If she drinks too much, you'll pass out." He has a point.

"I thought you said she doesn't eat much," I said. " You're type AB. That stuff is like drugs to her. She loves it but if she has too much, it could make her go crazy." I ran my fingers through her hair. "Whatever you say. Meet you outside the forest." I said hanging up. It wouldn't take long for Kukai to get here. "Take care of her. I'll be back." I said and Yoru Chara changed with me.

I waited outside the forest for Kukai, and like I thought, it didn't take him long. He handed me a backpack. "The blood bag is in the front pocket, everything you need is in the big pocket." I nodded. "Is one bag enough for her?" Kukai nodded. "She has a little snack before I came, right?" He asked giving me a long stare and I turned away. Count on him to notice.

"If any hunters find out, they'll not only go after her but you too." I looked down. "I know," I said. "Ikuto," I looked at Kukai. "If you love her, don't let her go. You're the first living thing she cares about besides Ami. You're important. She's a wreck when you're involved." I threw the backpack over my shoulder. She drives me crazy too.

"She doesn't know how to love. She's always been empty." I pictured the little girl who hid me and Yori, of course, she wasn't little. She was well older than me. "Dating an older woman isn't a turn-off, is it?" Kukai joked and I punched him playfully. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a dragon to deal with." He said turning away.

"Why did you tell her anyway?" I asked before he was too far away. He turned around. "I told her you ran away with your sweetheart and she's looking high and low for you." I can't believe he told Yori I ran away. "I'm kidding. I told her you're on a field trip. I'm keeping a close eye on her for you." I let out the breathe I was holding. "I got her. Just take care of mine." He said running off.

I looked at Yoru, and he was smirking. "Don't you start with me," I said and we headed back. I jumped back into the hideaway, and I heard something behind me. I turned to find Amu sitting up. She wasn't crying out in pain anymore. She was singing. She didn't look at me once.

I set down the bag and sat beside her, and pulled her into my arms, and she never stopped singing softly. Her voice was the voice of an angel. She stopped and I looked down at her. "Thanks for everything," she said pushing away. "I'm okay now," she said trying to move away, but I didn't let her move, and held her close. "I'm not ready to let go yet," I said holding her tightly.

"Will you ever be ready?" I paused and buried my face in her hair. "No," I said. "Come back to school. I miss you." I didn't expect her to say anything. In fact, I expected her to ignore my request. "Okay," was all she said, and it was all she had to say.