Chapter 18

Amu's Pov

I was late at night. I was alone with just Dia's egg. It's been a day since Ikuto found out. More like I told him to save one of my own. Saki shouldn't be going outside alone. Not for a long, long time. My feet brought me to the cemetery. I walked in and stood in front of Yori's grave. "Tonight's your lucky night," I said digging her grave.

I kicked her coffin open and dragged her out. I leaned against a nearby tree. It won't take long for her to wake up. Eventually, I got impatient and kicked her side lightly, then dark. She gasped and sat up panting.

"You haven' moved in like 2 years.How are you out of breath already?" I asked and she looked at me. I crossed my arms. "Ikuto knows who and what I am. I'm here to tell you the hunt begins, but if you ever, and I mean ever," I grabbed the collar of her dress. "Come near or kill any of my family or children, I'll soak you in holy water before I kill you for good." I let her go.

I turned away. She wouldn't attack me now. She's not stupid. She knows I can snap her neck in an instant in the physical state she's in. For now, it's a draw. Until we meet again.

Yori's Pov

I looked up at the sky. It was so blue. I haven't seen it in 2 years. I watched as Amu left. Part of me wanted to attack her. Take her down while I have the chance. But right now, I was too weak and she can easily shove me back into that box. The question now is do I run home and hug my big brother, or do I hunt her myself? I got up, and I just started to wander.

I got a few stares, but it's not like I cared. There's no way people would remember a young teenager dying. Of course, now I'm 15. I found myself in front of our house. Do I knock? Or do I walk away from here? Slowly, one foot in front of the other, I made my way towards the front door. I knocked and waited. No one answered. Perhaps this is a sign.

Maybe I'm not supposed to see Ikuto again. I turned around, and there he stood. He just stared at me. "Hey," I said weakly. Ikuto dropped his bag and pulled me into his arms. "How the hell? I watched them bury you." I smiled and pushed him back. This is He time to tell him about me. Tell him who I really am.

"Ikuto, it's complicated." I started. "Let's go inside." He said and unlocked the door. It felt weird walking in here. Sure it's my house, but it feels like Ikuto's house now. I sat down and Ikuto gave me a bottle of water. He sat on the coffee table in front of me. "How?" I grinned. "That crazy woman you like is a vampire and you're asking me how I'm alive?" I asked and he laughed. It's time I told him.

"I was adopted, as you know," he nodded. "I'm from the dragon race," I said and Ikuto looked at me as if I was lying. "Dragons doesn't exist anymore." I chuckled. "They're well hidden. Mom and Dad found me in the forest surrounded by forest animals. Kinda sounds like a movie, but I swear that's how they found me." I said.

I took a sip of water and I screamed. "Is that holy water?!" He nodded. "The hell?!" I screamed. "You knew it was coming. You just confessed before you drank." Ugh. Once a hunter always a hunter. I did at the back of my mind did see it coming. I spit as much of it out and almost threw up.

"So. You are a dragon." I nodded. "I poured holy water on Amu and she didn't burn or anything." I sighed. "She has this thing called monster humanity. She's a creature of the night, but she has some bit of humanity. It's complicated." I said crossing my arms. He looked at me, still clearly confused. "She won't let herself go. Meaning she's holding on.

"What?" I shrugged. "Must be important if she refuses to show the world her true colors. I have to admit. I knew she would let me out one day, but I never thought it would be so soon." I said. "Why do you mean?" I looked at Ikuto. "She dug me up. She said she would one day, but I didn't think it would be in 2 years time," I said leaning back.

I sighed and looked at Ikuto. "Killing her won't be easy. She knows we're coming after her." I said looking at the ceiling. "Killing her?" I looked at Ikuto. "You want to kill her?" That's a stupid question. "Of course. Don't you?" He did say anything. No way. I sat up straight. "You don't plan on letting her live, right?" Nothing. He said nothing.

"Ikuto, killing the leader of the Hinamori clan is every hunter's dream. I thought Mom and Dad did it all back in Kyoto but-" I got cut off. "Mom and Dad killed her parents?" I nodded. Why would that matter? "It's written in their diary. But somehow, she survived. Don't know how though." I said.

I looked at Ikuto. More specifically, into his eyes. I crossed my arms. "She's no good for you. She's a murderer." I said firmly. "She killed our parents like they killed hers, but she deserved it. She's a monster. We were mostly human. She let us live to torture us. She wanted us to live knowing she killed our parents under our roof." I said. He said nothing again.

"I'll go out to buy more food." He walked out. He can't seriously be in love with her right. No. There's no way. He wouldn't confuse love and work like that.