Chapter 20

Utau's Pov

It's been 2 weeks since Amu left for Kyoto. I tried calling her, but like always, she'll answer, say she's busy and hang up right away. I sighed staring at my phone. I shoved it back into my pocket and kicked myself off the tree I was leaning against. I walked back to the house.

"Nothing again?" I sat on the couch frustrated. Yaya brought over some tea and sat down between Kairi and Nagihiko. "She's impossible to reach when she's like this," I said. "Just let her clear her head. We all know how she is." Ami said walking into the living room. "But still," I protested. She worries me sick.

"If you're that worried, I can track her down in seconds." Kukai said drinking his blood bag. "Don't drink all of it. You'll get fat." I said. "Oh? Are you saying you wouldn't love me if I gained a few pounds?" I rolled my eyes. "I love you the way you are, but if you get fat, you'll slow everyone down," I said and he sticks out his tongue at me.

"Once a vampire child always a vampire child." Everyone looked at both Kukai and Yaya. "What?" They both said and we sighed. Even Ami is more mature than them, and she's thousands of years younger. I sighed and my eyes glazed over at Ami. She was dressed like Amu. It made me miss her more. "Ami, why are you dressed like that?" I asked.

"Yeah. Are you going somewhere?" Kukai asked getting up. "I'm doing what I do every day. Trying to have a normal human life." It must be hard being surrounded by vampires day and night. "You have fun with that," I said. "Do you guys miss being human?" I looked at the ceiling. I smiled and looked at Ami. "I can't remember my time as a human," I said.

"But I wouldn't be anything different," I said and the twins agreed. "Being human is fun and all," I said and smiled at Ami. "But if I had to do my life over again, I'd pick being a vampire," I said. "Human life, I wouldn't have Kukai," I said leaning on his shoulder. He kissed the top of my head and I could hear Amu gag in the back of my mind.

Ami looked at her watch. "Better get going." I watched her get up and grab her bag. "Be careful," I said as she heads towards the door. "I have my army knife, calm down. I have holy water and salt too, relax." Well, I guess she's never really going to be a normal human teenage girl. She's a human teenage girl with an army of vampires to protect her.

Ami closed the door behind her and I slugged in my seat. "I miss Amu," It wasn't as fun when she's gone. "It feels like when she was in Kyoto for all those years." I agreed with Nagihiko. "Maybe I'll go train," I said getting up. "I'll come," Nadeshiko said and we both went to go get changed and met in the underground training room? Gym? Whatever we call it. It's unclear.

Ikuto's Pov

Yori suddenly wanted to go see Amu. I didn't argue since I wanted to see her too, but it wasn't until we were about to leave the house that I put 1 and 1 together. I wanted to see her because I like her a lot, and she wanted to see her to kill her. Yori is not Amu's biggest fan, and she gets annoyed when she's reminded of me liking her instead of wanting her dead.

"Yori," I crossed my arms and she looked at me innocently. "Leave everything at home." she groaned and pulled out blades after guns after whatever else she had on her. "Unarmed?" She nodded and we headed out. Once their house was in view, I stopped Yori right before we were at the front door. There stood 2 girls and 2 boys. One looked at us and grinned.

"So, you're the famous hunters." She stood up and walked around us, not touching us, but not exactly have intentions not to hurt us. One of the others bared their fangs and walked around us as well. "They look tasty. Mind if we had a bite?" One of the guys stood up crossing their arms. "She's not in Kyoto forever. Some will tell her." She pouted and walked back to her friends.

However, the shorter haired one stayed and stood in front of us. "Wouldn't our lady be happy we took care of her little problem?" Little problem? "Yaya," I looked over at the voice. It was Kukai and Utau with a girl who looks like one of the guys. This Yaya girl turned around. "Kukai," She said and stepped back.

"What's going on?" Utau asked crossing her arms. The girl ran to the unnamed girl with Utau and Kukai. "They came on their own." The long blonde haired girl said sitting on the stone stairs. "We can finish them off now. They're hunters." Utau looked at me. "Didn't I tell you Amu doesn't want to see you?" I shrugged. She should know me by now.

Yori stepped forward. "She and I have a score to settle." Utau's eyes started glowing red and in a blink of an eye, she was standing right in front of Yori and grabbed her collar, lifting her up from the ground a little. "You listen here, you bitch. It sure is bold of you to come here with Ikuto, but if you think we're just going to hand her over, you're crazy." I backed away.

Vampire or not, Utau is scary when she's serious. "Utau, let her go," Utau growled and let Yori go. "Ikuto, she killed our parents!" Kukai had to hold Utau back before she attacked Yori. "They almost killed her! Come here and let me kill you. Even the playing field!" Utau was pissed.

Amu's Pov

Everything seemed perfectly fine. "Lulu," I called out for the girl wearing a french style dress walk over. She looked a little dirty since she was just eating. "Yes, my lady?" She bowed. "Everything seems to be doing alright. I'm going back to Tokyo." I said and she nodded. "No funny business," I said playfully and she giggled. "I'll take care of things here."

I said goodbye to everyone and headed home. It didn't take me long. I left just as the sun was coming up. Once I got home and was headed up the hill, I could hear Utau screaming. She wasn't in pain, but she was mad. I reached the top and Kukai was holding Utau back. Yori and Ikuto were here.

"Utau," I said and everyone looked at me. Utau and the others, including Kukai got down on one knee, showing me the respect I get as I am the clan leader. I crossed my arms. "Why are you here?" I asked firmly. Yori was here for me no doubt, but why was Ikuto here? "We have a score to settle," Yori said trying to grab my neck, but Nadeshiko ran in and grabbed her arm.

"I would like it if you did not lay a filthy scaley hand on my lady. A lady should not have to fight unless necessary." Nadeshiko said. "Amu chi, why don't we just kill them?" I looked at Yaya. "Yaya, you and Kairi make sure everyone is accounted for. Saki is the most important." They nodded and went off to do as they were told.

"Nadeshiko, Rima, and Nagihiko go make sure we have enough until the next hunt night." The three of them nodded, and it was just us. Me, Utau, Kukai, Ikuto and the girl who died but didn't really die. "You shouldn't be here. Not everyone will go easy on you like Utau." I said stepping forward. Yori didn't flinch. "We have a score to settle," She was persistent.

"Our score can be settled when you can take me on properly. I can kill you in an instant if I wanted to." I said. "That's why Ikuto is here. You would never lay a hand on me if he saw." My expression was blank. She thinks I won't kill her just because Ikuto is here. I stepped closer. "I won't go easy like Utau. I will show you a painful death if a painful death is what you want."

I walked past them. "However, I have thousands and thousands of vampire offsprings to think about. We have an over-population problem. You're the last thing on my to-do list." I said crossing my arms. I glanced over at Ikuto then turned around. I don't want to see his eyes look at me like that. "Go home, Yori," I said walking into the mansion and headed down to the gym.

Kukai's Pov

I watched as Amu went inside. I looked at Ikuto. "Leave her be. Like I said, she'll come around when she comes around." I said crossing my arms. "But-" I cut him off. "No buts. I don't like seeing her like this too, but she doesn't want to see you." I said firmly. "She wants to hide," Utau says.

"She hides then eventually she'll come back out," I said nothing. "It's a waiting game," Utau says turning around walking back inside. "You two get outta here. She's not very liked in the Hinamori community." I said, walking back inside.