Chapter 19

Ikuto's Pov
Amu hasn't been at the school for 2 weeks and Kukai refuses to tell me where she is. "Just drop it. She doesn't want you to know," he says, but I know he was afraid of me knowing. I would be too. Just that night, Yori told me Amu killed our parents after she saw our parents kill hers. I wouldn't want me to know either.

I found Kukai and Utau walking into the school and I called out to Kukai. He jogged over as Utau just walked. "Hey, what's up?" I haven't said anything about knowing he's like Amu, but I'm sure he's on guard. From time to time, he'll look stiff than the next minute he's fine. "I'll see you two in class." I nodded and Utau walked past us. 

"Amu not coming again?" I asked and he nodded. "Is she okay?" Kukai shrugged. "She won't let me in her room." We walked in and changed our shoes. Yori has been at home since she came back. I had a feeling the situation of them running into each other would be bad. I know my sister as a hunter and I know Amu was an ordinary girl, and a hunter. I think. 

"She'll be fine. She has everything she needs in her room." I nodded and we changed our shoes. Right before we walked into class, I pulled Kukai into another classroom. "What's wrong?" He asked and I looked at my feet. It was just the two of us in here. No Daichi nor Yoru. "Tell me she's taking care of herself," I said crossing my arms. Kukai sighed.

"Her diet is the same. She'll feed when she wants to. She's a pure breed, so she can go longer than regular vampires. Just leave her alone. She doesn't want to see you." I felt a knife stab my heart. "Ikuto, just, for now, stay away from her." For now? I was about to ask him what he meant, but he left before I could say anything.

I sighed and walked into class. I sat down in my seat beside Kukai and looked out the window. I want to see her. I really want to see her, but she's missing school because she doesn't want to see me, and I don't think she plans to for a very long time, possibly ever. She was clear. She told me to stay away, and I will, but how long can I stay away?

Amu's Pov

I was sitting on the roof of the school. Nadeshiko said I should get out. It's been 2 weeks and I haven't left my room, let alone the house. I laid down and looked at the sky. It was dark. I heard lightning and it started to rain. I closed my eyes. I know what this means. Japanese people believe heavily on signs, and I guess I'm not different. I wasn't ignoring anything.

"You're ignoring your feelings, Amu chan." I opened my eyes once I could hear Dia's voice ring through my head. I sat up and sighed. Doesn't matter if I'm ignoring my feelings. My will to protect my family is stronger than my feelings. I looked down at my legs. I got up and climbed over the fence. 

I jumped and landed in a tree. I climbed down the tree and headed home. Once I got home, I was soaked to the bone. I walked in and went straight to my room. There was a knock. "My lady, may I come in?" I opened the door for Nadeshiko and she walked in. She set down the tray and looked at me. 

"Where did you go?" I looked at the rips of water from my hair dripping onto the ground. "School," I said looking at her. I felt empty. "You need to go to him. You need love too. Not just us." I didn't say anything. Nadeshiko grabbed a towel and threw it over my head and started drying my hair for me. 

"I don't need him," I said. "You're lying," She said simply. "You need him more than you think. kairi told me what he saw, and it pains me to see you like this." I lifted my head and she stopped drying my hair. "What did he see?" I asked. "It's not pretty. We're all in trouble." If we're all in trouble, then this is no time to be childish. 

"I'm going to Kyoto. I need to make sure everyone is okay." I said getting a change of clothes. "My lady, who shall I put in charge in your absence?" I looked at Nadeshiko. "Utau's in charge," I said and left, ignoring the downpour of rain. 

Utau's Pov

Kukai and I walked home and I stretched. I was so tired. Convincing Amu to come back to school is a lot of work and a lot of talking to the most stubborn woman to ever walk the earth. "Maybe we'll get her to open the door." Ugh. Even I don't believe me. Once we got home and went to our rooms, we noticed Amu's bedroom door open. I looked at Kukai and we ran into her room.

I looked around her room as well as her bathroom and closet. "She's gone," I said. "Oh," I turned around and there stood Nadeshiko holding Amu's school uniform. "where did she go?" Kukai asked. "She went to go check on the clan in Kyoto. She left 10 minutes ago." Damn. We just missed her. "Who's in charge while she's gone?" I asked crossing my arms.

"You," Nadeshiko said pointing at me. "Oh, come on! My own sister lets my girlfriend be in charge of me?" I crossed my arms. "Without me, Amu would have killed you long ago," I said and he groaned. For a grown ass vampire man, he sure acts like a spoiled child. 

I looked out the window. It was still raining heavily. I looked at Kukai. "Let's just act like normal. Training in 20 minutes." I said walking into my room. Iru and Eru flew up to me. "Amu left without saying anything again?" I nodded. I'm used to it. She does this when she wants to push something away and keep herself busy. 

"I'm sure she's fine, but I worry about her. She's the closest thing to a sister I will ever have."