Chapter 32

Amu's Pov

It was lunch and Ikuto and I found Kukai and Utau in the yard under a tree drinking "juice boxes" and talking about whatever they talk about when they're alone. I sat beside Utau and Ikuto sat beside Kukai. Utau gave me a best friend look and Kukai was killing Ikuto with his eyes over and over again. "You listen here Tsukiyomi," Oh, no. Here we go.

"You touch a hair on my sister's head, and you're dead. I don't care if you're my best friend, I will kill you if you do anything and I mean anything to my sister." I threw a rock at the back of his head and he looked at me betrayed. He's such a protective brother and sometimes it just gets so annoying.

"Pay attention to your own relationship and stay out of mine," I said and Both Utau and Ikuto gave me the same smirk. It's creepy how they both have the same smirk. If I didn't know any better, they just might be related. "What?" I asked, and they continued to give me the same smirk. "You said your relationships," Utau said and I nodded. "And?" I asked.

"You just admitted we have a relationship." Damn, I did, didn't I? I turned away and leaned on the tree. I need to find a subject changer. I looked at them both again. When I really look at him, they do look like they could be related. "Utau, was your surname always Hoshina?" I asked and Utau leaned on the tree as well.

"Hoshina was my mother's name. I was an illegitimate child. I also never met my father, but my mother told me stories about who he was like, she never gave me a name." Kukai looked over. "Why are you so interested?" Kukai asked. I pointed at them both. "They have the same smirk," I said and Kukai looked too and gasped. "My, god, they do."

Ikuto and Utau looked at each other. "Now that I think about it, I remember my mother writing a letter to a man named Haru. Tsukiyomi Haru?" I hugged my knees. "Maybe you two are related. That means Utau can boss Ikuto around more." I said and her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. "If there's one thing this woman is good at, it's bossing people around." I nodded.

Utau looked at me and leaned on my shoulder. "Does your head still hurt?" I shook my head. "Your head hurt this morning?" I nodded and Ikuto reached over and touched my forehead with the back of his head. "Liar. You have a slight fever." I shrugged. "It's nothing," I said and coughed.

"Man, if I knew you felt feverish I wouldn't have banged you so hard in the science lab." Kukai glared at Ikuto. "He's begging Kukai to kill him now." I agreed with Utau and Ikuto just laughed. "I'm kidding buddy, I wouldn't do that to Amu." He said and Kukai calmed down a little. Until Ikuto said something else. "I did make out with her though."

Utau had to hold Kukai down before Kukai could strangle Ikuto, and Ikuto just laughed. "Don't laugh You. You'd do the same with Yori." I said crossing my arms. "No way. Yori is too in love with hunting." Ikuto said and I sighed. I guess he's right. Yori is married to her job.

"I'm going to the infirmary for a quick nap," I said getting up. "Ikuto, go with her," Utau said still holding Kukai down. "Are you trying to get Ikuto killed?" I asked crossing my arms. "Just go. you shouldn't be alone when you're feverish." I rolled my eyes. She's such a mom. "You're not my mom," I said. "You'd get laid way more if I was," Utau shouted as we walked away.

Once we got to the infirmary, I signed my name on the sheet and sat on the bed. "You're not going to stay the whole time, are you?" I asked and he sat beside me and pulled my head onto his shoulder. "If I'm not here, who's gonna watch over you?" I felt Dia's egg wiggle in my pocket, and I gripped it. Is it time yet? not long after, it stopped wiggling and I let it go.

"I can protect myself," I said sitting up straight. "Yeah, but what's the fun in that?" I rolled my eyes. "You're not the princely protective type," I said and he chuckled. "I guess you're right. I'm more of a... let's say, killing and burning bodies type." He said and I giggled. "That makes you sound like a serial killer," I said, but I guess he is, in a way.