Chapter 28

Amu's Pov

We've been on lockdown for about a month. No one has left or entered this mansion without my approval. It still wasn't safe, but it was better than before. Before I had an itching feeling that wouldn't go away. Now I feel more relaxed. I had everyone meet in the training hall underground. 

"We've been under lockdown for a month. It's still not safe, but I have confidence in our family members. Everyone over the ages of 1000 may leave freely. However, I still worry about the young ones. The ones under the age mark of 1000. This is not a coincidence. Someone is trying to start a war with the Hinamori clan." Whispers started going around everyone.

"I plan on being stricter about training. I don't want to do this, but we cannot be as careless as we usually are. Not until this blows over." I said crossing my arms. "My lady, what if this doesn't blow over?" I stepped down from the stand I was on and walked among my children. "We are vampires. We will never stop being hunted. That is our reality." I said.

"We coexist with humans. Just not very well. All the children under 500 cannot leave this mansion under any circumstances unless told otherwise by myself and everyone between the ages of 500-1000 may leave with my permission. Understood?" Everyone nodded in understanding. "Dismissed." Everyone left the training hall and went off the do their own things. 

I turned around and faced my closed circle of trusted friends. "Everyone knows their job?" They nodded. "Nadeshiko, go to Kyoto and bring back Ami." She nodded and left the room. "Everyone else gets ready for school." They all nodded and we all went to get dressed in our uniforms. I walked out to the main halls waiting for Kukai and Utau. 

"My lady," I turned around and faced Hana. "Yes?" I asked. "Why are you befriending a human? Rather a hunter?" That was a good question. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer," I replied simply. "But he's a hunter." I stopped her. "Why are you bringing this up right now, Hana?" I asked and her eyes held firey hatred. 

"He almost got Saki and you haven't killed him yet." I crossed my arms. "Just because I haven't killed him yet doesn't mean I won't kill him one day," I said. I watched her body's reaction. She was furious. "I have him wrapped around my finger. I can handle him. Go and do whatever you need to do." I said and she stormed away as calmly as she could, but I can tell she's angry.

Kukai and Utau came down and I gave them a look. The perk of being in my closed circle is the power to use a mind link only for all 8 of us. Hana was 1001 years old. She's assigned to Utau and Kukai. "We can talk on our way to school," I said and we left for school. Once we were off the hill, I shoved my hands in my pocket. 

"Which group is Hana in?" I asked. "My group," Utau said. "Keep an eye on her. She's angry about us stinking of a hunter." Utau nodded. "She's 1001 so she's going to be hard to tame. Don't act without consulting me first." Both of them nodded. Once we got to school, we went up to our classroom and sat in our seats. I turned around to face Utau. 

"So, what are you going to do?" I shrugged. "Hana is a difficult one to tame. When we found her she was a lost soul." I said. "Isn't she half vampire? On her father's side then he got slaughtered after her mother abandoned them both?" I nodded. "Her mother was a hunter and father was killed by hunters. Her situation is complicated. She hates hunters." I said. 

"So what you're saying is, she's most likely to rebel?" I nodded. "But Hana is a sweet kid. As of this moment, she is most likely to rebel. Give her time and she might calm down." I said. I looked over at Kukai who was talking to his friends. "Kukai, come here," I called out and he came over and sat on the desk beside Utaus desk. 

"What are we talking about?" He asked and I leaned forward laying my head on the back of my chair. "Hana. She might rebel so we should stay away from Ikuto." Just as I said that Ikuto came in and walked towards us. "Stay away," I said bluntly. "Don't mind her. We just have a situation." Utau said calmly leaning back into her seat. 

"What kind of situation?" I closed my eyes for a second. This is so tiresome. "We have this one vampire in our clan who hates you so much she's likely to rebel," Kukai said. "And?" I ignored Ikuto's presence. I grabbed one of my books and started reading. "If she rebels and Amu can't control her, we don't know what might happen." Ikuto looked at me and I said nothing. 

"Just until she calms down, stay far away from us. To be on the same side we should just stay out of class. Lay low at school until this whole thing blows over." I agreed. "We should start now. Let's go." I said and the three of us left the classroom. Right as we left the room, we ran into Nikaidou sensei.

"We're lying low. You do the same. We can't afford to make any type of contact with Ikuto." I said and he nodded and the three of us went up to the roof. I laid down in the shade and closed my eyes. "So, what's our plan?" I opened my eyes and looked at the clouds. "We're not running," I said sitting up. "We stay. when things get too dangerous, I need you all to run to Kyoto." 

"And you?" I stayed silent for a moment. "A leader puts everyone else before themselves," I said. "You can't be serious." I looked at her seriously. "We have to decide one day. It might be closer than we thought. The day when I can't be the leader anymore, and when that day comes, Utau, you'll have to take over." I said and Utau was turning a little red. 

"Don't speak like that. I'm not leaving you. We're a family. I can't leave you." She said falling to the ground right by me and I pulled her into a hug and ran my hand up and down her back, soothing her as she sobbed. "Stop crying. I'm not going down without a fight." I said and she looked at me with tears running down her face. "Really?" I laughed.

"The great Hinamori Amu, leader of the hinamori clan, the youngest clan leader in history, will never go down without a fight. That'll ruin my reputation." I said looking up at Kukai. "I just want you to know, you're dating a baby," I said and Kukai laughed and pat my shoulder. "I really am."