TEENAGE FEVER III

All I'm going to say is proceed with caution🤷🏽‍♀️.
-

Rylan Atticus King

It hadn't been long since I had gotten back home from me and Bry's date

It hadn't been long since I had gotten back home from me and Bry's date. As of now I had the house to myself. My Parents had probably gotten a room and Roy wouldn't be here until sometime tomorrow. If only Bryson could've stayed with me but she couldn't. She'd be in trouble with her Mom and nobody has time for that. My phone knocked me out if my thoughts due to its obnoxious ringing. A smile spread across my face seeing it was Bryson.

"Hey beautiful. "I say with that same wide grin. I heard her sniffle and that grin faded and was replaced with a frown.

"What's wrong? You don't sound okay."

"C-can you come get me? Like, now?" Not only could I hear her light sobs but I could also hear that she was heartbroken.

"Uh, yeah. I'll be at your house in about 10 minutes." I say as I slip on the pair of black Nike slides by my feet. I swipe my keys from the coffee table and head towards the front door.

"I'm not at home. "

"What?" My face screwed up at the word coming from the other end of the line. Since when in the hell was Bryson allowed out past 9 p.m?

"I'm at Waffle House right now. Can you come get me now, please?"

"Say no mo'. I'm on my way. "

After whipping into a post king spot and locking my doors, I rush into the old school themed diner lit up in all its glory

After whipping into a post king spot and locking my doors, I rush into the old school themed diner lit up in all its glory. My eyes scan the building looking for a curly head of hair. At ten at night Waffle House was still the place to go. Two old men sat at the counter on the red stools conversing over a cup of coffee. A couple of people from school were here. This is where almost all high school students go after games, before and after parties, or just to chill. All the stoners came here because you could get food at anytime during the day or night when you get the munchies.