TEENAGE FEVER X

Rylan Atticus King.

"About damn time yo' ass answer the phone

"About damn time yo' ass answer the phone. "Royce says into the speaker. I roll my eyes and sigh. I take a sip o my slushy from the gas station and throw back a few hot fries.

"What do you want, Roy?"

"I heard about what happened. Everybody did. You know that y'all was everybody's goals. "Roy reveals. I set my slushie down. People know about this already?

"What do you mean everyone knows?"

"I had girls snapping me asking to 'tell you to unblock them' and then AJ and them was asking 'bout you. It's all over Snapchat and Facebook. "

"Who's Snap and Facebook?" I question. Who in the hell knows that we've broken up other Me, Bry, Nix, and Melo?

"Bry's and Carmelo. Melo posted something about how you two were fighting over Bry and then y'all broke up. "

"The fight, huh? It wasn't much of a fight. "I chuckle, picking up my pack of skittles and demolishing a few.

"See now he ain't say all that. He ain't mention he got his ass beat. Then Bryson pretty much confirmed it with a depressing ass relationship post. Then She changed her status from in a relationship to single. "

"You okay, big bro?" Roy asks. I nod as if he can see me.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. It doesn't really matter to me. What matters is that I find my Mom next. "

Roy gives a light laugh. "Hm. You say that now, but you'll be missing her sooner or later. "

"Roy it wasn't even my fault we broke up. She's been fucking with Melo behind my back. My...brother. "

"Brother? See now you ain't say all that on the phone? This nigga yo' brother?!"

"Half brother. But he ain't a brother of mine no more. That shit was foul. What makes it even worse is that a few days ago, we promised to put our differences aside. "I rant as I pick up a handful of hot fries and stuff them in my mouth.

"Oouu! See this that shit shit right-oouu! If I was there I would've been hyping yo' ass up when you was beating that nigga shit in!"

"Hell yeah! You already know what the fuck goin' on!" I shout into my phone. I mixed in some of my pop rocks with my slushy. That shit be bumpin'.

"I would've been like, 'That's my mothafuckin' brother yo!' Man, if I was there!" We both laughed and it got quiet.

"Aye nigga when you comin' back? Shit is boring ya' dig?"

"I mean, it's only about three more weeks of summer left. I'll be back before summer run out. "I say. A knock sounds from my hotel door and I snap my head in its direction.

"Who in the hell?" I mumble. "I'll call you later, bro. "I say. Roy and I exchange goodbyes and hang up.

"Let's go answer the door. "I say to my slushy and take it with me to the door. I look through the peep hole and I see that it's Bry.