TEENAGE FEVER XXI

Bryson Amelia Taylor

I groan loudly as I slam my locker door

I groan loudly as I slam my locker door. It was seventh period and I really wanted to get the day over with, but Rylan was making it difficult. After his little stunt he pulled, I didn't answer any of his calls and left all his texts on read. I even had to block him on Instagram and Snapchat. He's been trying to get me to talk to him all day.

"Leave me alone!" I irretatebbly say as I walk away. He was right on my trail and following closely.

"I'm sorry about the other day. I just got upset, that's all. "He apologizes. I roll my eyes and turn begin to make my way downstairs to my last class of the day. I pass by Melo who waves at me, but glares at Rylan.

"Can you please just talk to me?" He pleads.

"I'm not talking to you right now. Don't you know that what you did was wrong? You really scared me and I'm not sure if you're safe to be around. "

"Not sure if I'm safe to be around? I've never hurt you and I never will. I was just upset because you're still fucking with Melo."

"I literally only called him because he seems to be only person that knows shit about you that I don't even know. You don't talk to me anymore, Rylan, and you've been changing so rapidly. I don't know who you are anymore, but who ever you are now is scaring the hell out of me. "I admit. His expression softens and reaches out to grab my hand.

"What do you mean?"

"You're so mad about everyone keeping secrets, but you've been holding out on a lot lately."

"Like what? What haven't I told you? I tell you everything!" He chuckles. I shake my head.

"No you don't. You've been telling me about things after I find out." I say. I sigh and check the time on my watch. I was almost fifteen minutes late.

"You're making me late. "I mumble as I walk off in the direction towards my class. He's yet again following me, but this time he pulls me into the janitors closet.  He locks the door and blocks the exit. 

"No! Since you wanna talk so bad, let's have this conversation now. What is it that you just need to know about? What lies have Melo been feeding you?" He voices. I set my book bag down on the only chair. I'm already late so I guess I have time for this.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I ask. He shrugs.

"What do you mean?"

"Your anger and the way you've been acting. It's been off the fucking wall and your only explanation is stress. That's bullshit and you know it. How can you keep something like that away from me?"

"I didn't think that you needed to know about that. That shit goes a lot deeper and I'm not willing to get into it. "He states firmly. I scoff at his remarks and look down at the floor. I couldn't handle looking at him right.