TEENAGE FEVER XIII

Bryson Amelia Taylor

"Do you genuinely think that it's a good idea to bring me to this dinner?" I ask Carmelo from the passenger side of his car

"Do you genuinely think that it's a good idea to bring me to this dinner?" I ask Carmelo from the passenger side of his car. Tonight was the night of the dinner Rylan planned for and announcement from Phoenix and Royce. I didn't think that it was a good idea for me to go. What if Both of Rylan's parents hate me now? I don't even know how Nix feels about me anymore. The only people that I'm sure of is Roy, Rylan, and Carmelo. Roy wants the best for me and Rylan. Carmelo wants me. Rylan is so puzzling. One minute he wants me, the other he hates or he's just being petty. I just can't comprehend.

"I do think so. Rylan seems to be over it. Roy tells me that it's a different girl or girls every other day. You'll be fine." Carmelo reassured me.

I can't even lie, that made my heart break. Different girls all the time? I couldn't have crossed his mind at any point. Maybe he is over it. It's funny how it takes a lifetime to earn ones trust, but only a second to break it.

"I just feel like everyone will be a bit confused as to why we're together. That's what I'm really worried about."

"We'll just let them know that as of right now we're trying things out. Y'know, like high schoolers do?"

"Yeah. "I mumble as we pull up at Rylan's house. I grow even more nervous at the sight of his car in the driveway, along with his fathers car, and one other.

"We're like ten minutes late but fuck it." Melo shrugged. I giggle and agree with him.

"It probably ain't even started. This is a black persons function. "I say. He smirks and rings the doorbell. Rylan's Mom answered it and she looked at me like I was crazy.

"Uh, hello you two. We were just getting started. Everyone's in the dining room. "She said politely, but I knew she was confused. We follow her to the dining room and my eyes damn near fall out of my head. Rylan has another girl here.

I'll admit that she's pretty, but she'll never be me

I'll admit that she's pretty, but she'll never be me. She had blonde fluffy curls and blue eyes that popped. Don't even get me started on her body. Who am I kidding, she's gorgeous. I knew her from school. Her name is Nala.