TEENAGE FEVER VII

Bryson Amelia Taylor

"So this is it?" I ask Rylan as I survey the medium sized brick house and bare, neatly trimmed yard

"So this is it?" I ask Rylan as I survey the medium sized brick house and bare, neatly trimmed yard. He nods.

"Yeah. He doesn't exactly need anything huge y'know." He said before letting a breath out. I looked over at him.

"How are you feeling right now? Nervous? Excited? A little complex right now?"

"I'm hype as fuck. I'm meeting my father for the first time. Do you think he'll be all happy and accepting like they are in the movies? He might think it's weird that a random kid is showing up at his door claiming to be his son." Rylan ranted. I caress his hand as I gaze into his deep brown orbs.

"Stop overthinking it, babe. I'm pretty sure you'll get a positive reaction out of him. Just chill. "I reassure. He nods once more before saying a silent prayer to himself. I get out of the car and say a little prayer of my own.

"You stay opening doors knowing damn well--"

"That a true gentleman always open the door in the presence of a lady. Trust me Ry, I know now. "I smile. Rylan rolls his eyes and grabs my hand. I don't understand exactly why he's grabbing my hand(not that I'm complaining), the house is literally right there.

He stops in front of the door and bites his lip with a look of uncertainty. I knew wouldn't be an easy thing to do. I mean, you don't just show up and be like "I'm your kid,". I decided to take it upon myself to knock on the door. Rylan gave a small smile in my direction and I returned it. We soon her heard the locks click, then turn, and click again. The door opened to reveal a middle aged man, probably about 40. He was a little on the dark side, he had a bald head(but somehow still had a hairline), and a not so smooth face. You could tell he was in the process of growing a beard. He stared the both of us.

"Who are you two?" He asked almost in a rude manner

"Who are you two?" He asked almost in a rude manner. I turned away and rolled my eyes. I didn't want to be as disrespectful as he just was so I didn't do it in his face. Rylan nudged me making me turn back around.