TEENAGE FEVER VIII

Peyton Milano Gates?

Today has been phenomenal

Today has been phenomenal. I've met my biological father, my half-brother, I'm going to meet my other half-brother whenever he gets here, I can't think of anything that can ruin today. It's just lit.

"What's got you smiling hard like that?" Phoenix asked. He never took his eyes off the Tv screen or his fingers off the Xbox controller. Right now we were playing 2k and Bryson was helping my step mom and Dad cook.

"Today's just been a great day ya' dig? I met you guys and you were all so kind. What's not to smile about?" I say. Nix nods.

"I can see that. I've only known you for about 3 hours and it feels like you've been here all my life. Ain't it strange how quick you can grow close to someone? And 1!" Nix yelled as Draymond Green made a lay up.

Nix reminded me so much of Royce. Not only were they the same age, but they're both goofy, and it just so happens that Phoenix loves baseball just like Roy. The biggest similarity of all was that they are both my little brothers that I'd do anything for.

"Lemme FaceTime this nigga. "I say as I put down my controller to FaceTime Roy.

"What're you doing? I was winning!"

"By a lay up, Nix." I chuckle. "I'm FaceTiming my little brother Roy. "

"You have a little brother?" Nix quizzed. I nod. "He's adopted too, right?" I nod once more.

"Cool. "Nix says just as Roy's face pops up on the screen. I smile at him, but it soon fades when I take in his expression.

He looked sad and drained. My leaving must have taken a toll on him. His depression doesn't make it any better, nor his trust issues. Roy's mentality is that everybody leaves him just as his parents did. His biggest fear was me finding my real parents, staying there, and forgetting about him. Roy's expression changes from gloom to lit in a few seconds.

"Bitch I thought this wasn't you for a minute! Nigga..where the fuck are you? Mom and Dad are worried. "Roy yells.

"I met my Dad, brother, and step-mom today." I say completely ignoring his question. He then looks intrigued.

"What're they like? They nice? The food good? Do I need to come get a plate?"

I chuckle and shake my head yes. "They lit. I got two brothers, this is Phoenix." I say as I pan the camera over to Nix.

"Hey, I know you!" Nix smiles at Roy.
"You play baseball too! I remember you from a few games back. "

"We went to that camp together too. Rylan, bro, your brother is a friend of mine. You gotta take me to his house when you get back. "