TEENAGE FEVER XXIII

Rylan Milano Atticus? That's it?

"You're so stupid! You got my mom in trouble!" My cousin, Dominic yelled in my face

He had pulled me aside from the rest of our cousins and upstairs to my room. Majority of my cousins, uncles, aunts(with the exception of one), and family friends were all at my house. It was my Mom's birthday. Dom had been glaring and staring at me all day.

"She hurt me, Dom!" I yell back. With all the music and commotion going on downstairs, it was hard to hear each other.

"You're a little punk ass bitch!" Dom shouts as he delivers a harsh shove towards me. Dom was older than me. He was almost sixteen and I was only ten. He always pride himself for being stronger and faster and smarter than the rest of us, and always told me that I should aspire to be him.

I would never want to be him.

"I'm telling my mama if you don't leave me alone!" I fire back at him. He chuckles and cracks his knuckles.

"Don't you know that snitches get stitches, Rylan?" He smirks in my face as he viciously looks down at me.

Before I had the chance to even react he had slapped me with so much force that I fell to the floor. My hand flew up to my stinging cheek as tears filled my eyes. Why would my own cousin treat me this way? Is he just disregarding the fact that what his mother did to me was wrong?

"Look at you! On the floor crying like a little baby! Can't you take an ass whooping?"

I didn't answer him. I was too busy crying. All ten year old me knew was that I was confused.

"I would hit you again, but I might leave a mark. I wouldn't want your mama questioning me and shit." He said as he stared at me weirdly. I was afraid so I scooted all the way up against the wall, scared of what would happen next.

"You still fucking crying? Shut up before I give you something to cry about!" Dom says eerily. However I couldn't silence my cries. The tears just kept coming.

"You just like a bitch! Y'know what, I finally figured it out. "

I glance up at him as he stood before me.

"You didn't like what my mom did to you, so you must not like girls. You like boys? You gay or something?" He spat in my face.

A ten year old. He asked a ten year old about their sexual orientation. I have always been heterosexual. I've always been attracted to females. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay because I support and love my brothers and anyone else who has the courage to come. I, myself, am just not gay.

He yanked me up by my shirt collar and threw me own my bed. I saw him undo his jeans, but I didn't move. Fright coursed all through my body and all through my veins. My movement had ceased as of I'd forgotten how to move.