Part Nine: Rayne

* Pic should look like Serenity 

She's here... She's here in our arms and she's safe. Thank god, now, let's get home... I looked over at Lotus, nodding as we both started to swim back towards the wrecked ship and back towards the kingdom.

"So, Serenity, are you done being adventurous?" I gave a small laugh as Lotus joined in some when she didn't answer I looked over my shoulder to see that... Wasn't she behind us? We both stopped and looked to see Serenity just... Floating there, her head down while her hand twisted and turned with each other.

"Um, Serenity..? Aren't you coming, don't you want to see your family and friends?" Lotus asks as we swim back to where she is. The way her head hung low while her long hair floated around her face, I could tell that something was a miss... She's holding back on something...

"Serenity..?" I mumble, moving closer and lift her head by putting my index finger under her chin, making her look at me that's when I saw her eyes were glossed over with a shade of tears. My eyes went wide as my mouth made a small 'o' shape, I moved closer and wrapped my arms around her neck slightly nestling her hair when suddenly I was pushed away..?

I looked up and saw her a little bit away from me, I stared up at her face looking down at the ground her eyes now hard, no more tears and no more miss nice-fish. Lotus had moved to my side as we both looked at Serenity with confused eyes while my arms were crossed over my chest.

"Serenity, what are you doing? Come on, let's go-"

"I'm not going."

Lotus stopped talking and looked at me as I looked over at her, our eyes reading the same thing... What in the world of Irene is happening right now?! Serenity sighed loudly looking up then finally looking at us and moving closer, my heart started to pound faster... I couldn't help but want to hold my breath and just hope to Irene above that Serenity is just pulling on our tails..

"Serenity, you've got to be kidding me..." Lotus started as we all just looked at each other, I didn't understand what Serenity was doing.. W-What is happening right now?! She needs to come home and be safe, be with her father and with her friends... To be with us.

"Listen, I'm not going back because I have a purpose out here... I have this feeling that-" She paused, looking around us her arms out as she looked back at us with a large smile. I couldn't tell if she was being serious or.. Just being a total shark right now.

"I belong out here. This new place, this new area... It has a story and I want it to be the one to tell it.." She whispered, lowering her arms and looking up at us with a soft smile. I slowly moved closer trying to keep my composer as I tried to keep my eye contact with her.

"What are you saying here, Serenity..?" I growl some, slightly bearing my teeth as she eyes me up and down I could tell that she was getting agitated. She moved closer our chest almost touching, I could feel the power of her heartbeat pounding against my own.

"What I'm saying Rayne is that... I'm done being the pretty little princess that my dad has made me out to be!" She suddenly snaps, making me back up some. Her eyes appearing to become a darker black than usual, I could tell that she was even angrier than before...

"Like your father has ever really made you out to be a little princess! He's the king, Serenity... Are you kidding me?! You're supposed to be the "pretty little princess," are you really that... Dense?!" I yelled and as I said that... Everything seemed to go quiet, to move in slow-motion that's when my head was slammed to the left...

- Serenity -

I stared at Rayne and Lotus, my heart was going ballistic as it pounded against my chest. My eyes suddenly burst in this pain, it felt as if my eyes were on fire. The only thing is that I didn't want to show weakness, I squinted some as I felt my mouth curl into an evil-ish smirk when I felt my arm slam against her head..

I stood there with shock on my face, Rayne's still facing off to the left while Lotus stood there staring at us. I looked up feeling the sudden burning sensation gone in my eyes and replaced with the feeling of tears. I-I just... I just hit my best friend...

"S-Serenity..?" Lotus whispered as I quickly brought my hand back and turned, swimming back towards the way we had come from. The tears went streaking down my face as I pushed against the current, trying to get away from them. I could hear Lotus yelling for me to stop, but I kept going... I wanted to get away as fast as I could.

After I passed the ship wreck, I looked up and saw the cove... I could see the now appearing sunlight come from over the horizon, I looked back to see Lotus looking around just as her eyes landed on me I went towards the surface and looking down I saw this glittering rock in the wall of the cove.

I grabbed hold of it, pulling it out of its rocky hold and watched as Lotus tried to swim quickly towards me... That's when I saw her eyes change from her usual green eyes to an amber gold color. I shook my head, trying to refocus on the task at hand.

That's when I noticed that the crystal started to glow... A rare green light radiating out of it when I felt this pain suddenly erupt from my waist and down I tried to scream, but nothing came out of my mouth as tears erupted out of the corners of my tightly clenched eyes.

"Serenity!"

I could hear eerie voices coming from a little bit always, that's when my eyes opened the pain slowly drifting away from my body... My eyes slowly fluttered open, now seeing these weird tan looking tails on me. I went to take a breath, but my throat began to burn my gills aren't working...

My gills aren't working?! I went to move my tails, but they suddenly split into two making me gasp allowing more salty tasting water enter my mouth and down my throat. My eyes became heavy as I began to sink, feeling this heavy weight in my chest...

Well... Maybe this is the end..?