Part Thirty-Six: Adam

"Adam? Adam, are you alright?" My eyes twitched slightly as I tried to open them when suddenly a sharp skin-hitting-skin sounded and my head snapped to the left; my eyes snapping open.

"What the hell?!" I growled as I turned to see- Rayne, sitting beside me with a somewhat smug look on her face as I slowly sat up on my elbows as I groaned and looked around to see that we were surrounded by iron bars. I pushed myself up from the floor, only to stumble once I stood into Rayne as she moved forward and wrapped her arms around my fallen body as I grunted in pain.

"What happened?" I slightly whispered as she looked up at me and sighed, her eyes darted down towards the floor as I took one of my arms and wrapped it around her for stability.

"Well, they first knocked you out before you could fight back and Veronica told the guards to not allow me near the wedding, so we are stuck in the dungeon together... Adam, we need to get out of here! Serenity might be in trou-" Rayne started to speak when a loud bang came from upstairs. We both looked up the snug stairwell as I backed up to where Rayne was behind me and against a wall; when two guards appeared holding onto... Christopher.

"Get in there, you bastard! I can't wait for you all three to get what is-" One of the guards began to speak when the other slammed his hand against the others' chest thus quieting him. Squinting my eyes together as I stared at them; watching their backs as they exited the gloomy, stuffy blocked area.

"Adam? Adam, what the hell! Where have you been?" Chris groaned as I moved closer and helped him up from the concrete floor as I sighed and noticed Rayne standing there with a somewhat glaring look on her face as I shook my head gently.

She scoffed and shifted her weight to where she rested her hip, Chris got up with my help and sighed as he dusted himself gently off before pulling his arm out of my reach and gently swimming towards the gate before grabbing two of the iron bars in his hands as he began to pull and push against them.

"Chris... Chris, come on- that isn't going to work." I sighed angrily, as he continued to shift his weight while pushing and pulling against the bars. Rayne shook her head gently while crossing her arms over her chest as she looked off towards the side before exhaling sharply.

"That isn't going to work, you idiot-" She sighed, as Chris spun around his face somewhat red from his struggle.

"Then, what do you think we should do?! You don't have a plan!" Chris spat angrily, as I sighed and went between the two as Rayne placed her arms off to her sides before moving forward and hitting her chest lightly against my arm as she stayed a few feet away from Chris.

"I have a plan, but with you causing that much noise- it's kinda hard to pursue it!" She spat as she pushed my arm out of the way before shoulder-checking Chris as he somewhat stumbled off towards the side as he huffed.

Rayne inhaled deeply as she put both of her hands up, pointing towards the iron gate as she sighed gently- that's when the loud ringing of church bells went through the air thus making Rayne snap open her eyes as she gritted her teeth as Chris suddenly burst.

"We are running out of time! For Christs' sake, we need to get out of here!" He shouted as Rayne exhaled sharply as she quickly turned towards the two of us and bared her somewhat sharp teeth as I looked at her with squinted eyes while Chris moved back for a second. I couldn't help but smirk towards him as he scoffed when Rayne spoke softly, "I know we're running out of time here, Chris but we can't help Serenity if you just use your hothead to get out of situations- we need to think!"

-Serenity-

I stood on the marble flooring of the hallway with the shells in the crown sitting comfortably on top of my head jingling gently in my ear as my itchy, red eyes began to brew more tears as I began to try to twist my wrist into ways, trying to break them out of the iron clasps that trapped them from allowing me to run- to get away.

"Don't try- they're impossible to break out of, especially with someone, like yourself, with such low strength." Veronica grinned as she somewhat slithered towards me, as I located my eyes elsewhere when my chin was grabbed and I was staring into her dark eyes.

I ripped away from her grasp as I bared my teeth and spat towards her- the saliva landing on her chest as she gasped and grunted in frustration as I bared my teeth again.

"I will try till I know all of my family is safe from you-you Lupa!" I angrily spat as I went to launch towards her when I was yanked backward, my back hitting the wall as I looked back to see three guards holding onto the iron chain that held me as I snapped my head back towards her when she grinned slyly when the chiming of church bells began to sound.

"No.. No, no, no! You Matris futor!" I screamed as the three guards began to drag me towards the large door when suddenly they stopped and Veronica appeared in front of me and the veil that laid on the back of my hair flew forward- covering my slightly red and tear-streaked face as she leaned forward and whispered gently into my ear, "oh, smile, sweetie... It's your wedding day after all."

My eyes went wide as I began to struggle once again against the restraints as the guards began to pull me back towards the large, opening doors as I tried to scream out but my voice sounded hoarse as I worked away- trying to break free from them as my tail tried to work against their own.

"Ta, ta, my queen-" Veronica's venomous voice leaked past the doors as they slammed shut, leaving my faith in the hands of the guards as I narrowed my eyes- I knew it was time to act. Taking the iron chain, I wrapped it around my arms as they were somewhat tied together from my wrist down as I pulled them back.

Their bodies fly together as I give a victorious grin before pulling the chain towards me and began to swim forward towards the church doors as I looked through the small crack between the two as I stared at the crowd that had gathered- large smiles and happy tears began to leak through the door towards me as I leaned back some; trying to think about what could've made all of this go so... So wrong.

Suddenly, a loud bang came from the other side of the altar and there he was... Berwin of Altona- also accompanied by his guards. I could see his prideful smile from here as he was greeted by some of the residents as I felt my jaw clench in anger as I went to push open the door- My wrist was grabbed and I was yanked backward away from the doors...