Part Twenty-Two: Serenity

M-My head... M-My body... Gah, why does it hurt so much?! It feels like a lion fish had stung my body and it was going into a shocked stage of where my muscles freeze and I can't move... M-My eyes, they won't open.. I could feel this sudden burst of energy that seemed to erupt more in my head than anything. That's when a flash of a bright white light appeared, somewhat blinding me as I appeared to be surrounded in a black abyss, I turned around on one of my feet looking around but I could see only darkness.

' You aren't safe while I'm under control, my powers are getting stronger and it's getting a point to where your protection crystal will burst.' A soft voice spoke in a whisper as I looked around trying to find the vessel holding the voice, but I couldn't see anyone.

"Wh-Who's there?! Show yourself!" I snapped as I spun in a circle, trying to find the body when suddenly two bright orbs appeared in the dark space, but those were the only things I could see... I flew backward as I slammed my back against the ground, the two orbs moving closer to where they hovered over my fallen figure.

' The real question is who. Are. You? You hold my powers in your embodiment and if you can't control them... They will rip you apart. Piece by piece, bit by bit... Are you willing to behold that power inside of you?' The voice had become louder as I looked up at the orbs, now seeing the small spark of light brown eyes in the bright white orbs.

"I-I'm Serenity Lycan, Princess, and s-soon to be Queen of Mercadonia! Now, answer me, who are you!?" I shouted I felt insane for this, yelling into the self-embodiment that I call my own. The voice didn't answer for a while, which made me grow suspicious that I had been either dreaming... Or going mad.

'My name is Azora, and I lived many years before you and your mother, Irene. Yes, she is a goddess now; but you are soon to take over her position... Are you not?' The voice or Azora spoke with such power... It slightly shook me, w-who is Azora..? I've never heard of the goddess Azora...

"Y-Yes, I'm soon to be queen of Mercadonia, b-but my father-"

'He is forcing you to marry into the Altona Kingdom, correct? He wants you to marry the prince and join the kingdoms so that the two will be caught up with that, that a war will not appear on the surface.' She spoke quietly as if someone was listening to us...

"He is, and that's not it! He just wants to hold back, but the whole thing will just end up getting the kingdoms dangered and killed! The guards, the people, the kings and queens, the people that truly care about everything they will die at the hands of this war that will happen..." I felt my voice slightly choke as I felt my voice become strained from my slight yelling.

'How do you know the war will happen..? Maybe nothing will happen instead, the marriage will go through and the war will become nothing but a single bad memory.' Azora spoke softly, but it only made my blood grow hotter as I clenched my jaw and felt my teeth slightly grind.

"I-It will happen! Because I don't want this marriage... I-I fell in love with someone else, he really knows me! He-"

'He is a minus... You must fall in love with the prince of Altona, whether you like it or not!' Azora spat in anger as I stood in the dark, feeling this sudden heaviness overtake my whole body... My head started to spin as I grabbed hold of the sides of my head, trying to steady myself.

"W-What's happening to... Me?" I whispered as I fell to my knees, that's when the bright orbs moved closer and hovered in front of me as I looked up with heavy eyes.

'You're coming back into consciousness, don't let them take you to the sourcer's home. They want t-to take you away from me. You must protect the powers you have, you must protect Berwin!' They spat in anger as I fell to the side and I felt my body slowly coming back from the numbness it was overtaken with.

- Lowell -

"Do we really have to keep her in the dungeon..?" Rayne asks, her voice sounded so barren as I placed the cuffs around Serenity's wrists as a low groan left her figure that started to wake up from her unconscious state.

"Rayne, I understand that you're upset about me doing this to Serenity, and trust me I'm not wanting to do this to her, I love her like a sister but after what you told me... I have to make sure you're safe-"

"I don't care about my safety! All I care about is Serenity's happiness and her safety, more than my own!" She snapped as she moved closer; thrusting her index finger into my chest as I sighed and frowned down at her as I rolled my eyes some, that's when I heard the quiet voice of Serenity...

"A-Are you guys talking about little o-old me?" Her voice sounded weak as if she was drained of everything in her... Rayne gasped and dropped onto her tail, wrapping her arms around Serenity as she tried to wrap her own around her but thanks to the cuffs that were hooked to the floor.

"S-Serenity, are you alright..?" Rayne had tears streaking down her cheeks as she placed a hand on her cheeks, using her thumb to wipe away a few tears that left Serenity's eyes. She looked up at me as I felt my eyes slightly water at the sight of the girl that I took into my heart as my own little sister being held down by iron cuffs...

"I'm fine... But, why am I in cuffs..?" Her voice was strained now as I slowly lowered myself down onto my tail as I looked down at my hands, seeing the small key sitting in my palm but I quickly clamped my hand over it as I looked up at her and sighed, I have to tell her...

"You hurt Rayne, Serenity... She has bruises on her-"

"Lowell! Shut up!" Rayne spat as she turned her head towards me, making me back up some. I knew Rayne was on edge now... But I mean, who wouldn't be..?

"I-I hurt... You?" Serenity whispered looking down at her hands, her palms had this weird black mark on them as she clamped her hands into fist and put them in her lap. I felt cold doing this to her... Mother of Irene help me... I shook my head as I ran my hand through my hair, trying to steady my thinking.

"N-No, Serenity.. I promise it's nothing. S-See?" Rayne gave a small grimace as she turned showing her side of her body and tail, you could cleary see the black and blue bruising on her bright colors. Serenity gave a small gasp as she quickly looked down and had wide eyes, her mouth slightly agap as she stared at the ground with hurting and searching eyes.

"S-Serentiy! It's not that bad-" Rayne tried to defend but that's when I saw this weird... Twitch from her, I grabbed Rayne's wrist and pulled her out shutting the door behind us as I heard Serenity scream in pain, her hands closing and opening as she tried to grip and squeeze something that was none existence.

"L-Lowell, what the hells are you doing?!"

"I'm saving your life, you shell!" I spat as Serenity suddenly appeared in front of the door, making me jump back and bring Rayne with me. We stood there as she tried to thrash out of the cuffs, which were thankfully holding thanks to the other sourcers.

"I'll kill you all, you bastards!" Serenity's voice screamed, she sounded as if she was in so much pain... Irene, this pained me to see. Her eyes a cold, burnt blood color while she screamed in pain and anger. Her arms were becoming strained as I watched her body try to pull the chains out of the floor, but low and loud angry screams left her mouth as Rayne stared in horror at our friend...

"I-I'm sorry I-I couldn't p-protect you..."