Sussex Coast College

Chapter 3

"Wait, WHAT? Madi is in a coma!" Taylor said it as if the two words didn't belong in a sentence together.

"You can't be serious?" Kate was in denial. He was shocked how gossip like that hadn't spread all around Facebook already, but then again Madi wasn't one of the most popular girls in the college.

Taylor and Kate were Madis' best friends, only friends. They had known each other since primary school when she moved to Hastings, they had to guide her around the school, Taylor was Tall, blonde and had blue, cat like eyes whilst Kate was the complete opposite - small, brunette with big hazel eyes.

Fabien had known them in year 7 and 8 but didn't talk anymore, though he knew the girls were friends with Madi, so he arrived earlier to find them lounging in college, Fabien had found them talking, leaning against their blue lockers. Kate was wearing blue, denim jeans with a black jumper which had a white 'x' symbol on it. She was wearing some black and white converse with her hair in a high ponytail, looking very casual unlike Taylor. She had, what looked like, every make up product on, her pink glossy lips matched the light pink shirt that was layered underneath a black ,fashionable blazer. The shirt was tucked into a very dark red nearly black tube skirt. She had black tights on with a paired of polished high heels. Her hair was in a top knot bun and her fringe was brushed to the side. Just a bit over-dressed Fabien thought to himself.

"It's true, she's up in the surgery.." Fabien said cautiously, he didn't want to sound as if he almost wanted it to be real.

"But no no no! What happened?" Taylor carried on, he hadn't actually realised she was on the floor now, imitating Madis' mum. Except her heels made her look quite awkward whilst she was on the floor, people in the corridors laughed at her when walking by.

"It's hard to explain..." He didn't want to tell them if he was honest ,as they were better off not knowing anyway.

"Why not? We're her friends! You're just a random boy she's met onc-"

"Look for gods sake, I'll tell you after school, meet me in the car park and we'll go back to mine," annoyance was in his tone.

Kate and Taylor exchanged glances.

"We'll be there" Kate said with a mischievous twist, as if plotting a burglary.

The bell rang and Fabien nodded , he then started to walk away to his history.

The French Revolution was plastered across the smart board as Fabien walked in the brightly coloured history room with student's work projects stapled to the walls. It had taken some time to push through the the thin corridors of Sussex Coast college with the the over populated crowd bundled inside each one. As he made his way to a seat at the front it seemed that everybody already sat down, was appreciating his style, black leather jacket, dark blue skinny jeans, white t-shirt with the short sleeves cropped and folded up. His hair was wavering up, defying gravity.

When Fabien glimpsed at his faded reflection in the long window which extended across the whole length of the wall, he literary thought he was Damien. Him and his brother looked identical but with only two differences. Their eye and hair colour - Fabiens' were dark blue, violet from a distance and his hair was dark brown. If he was to become full vampire, however, he would have black eyes and black hair like Damien.

Fabien sat down in his front row seat, as he did some girls at the back sighed because they had obviously been saving a seat next to them for Fabien, their bags were on top of the reserved chair.

"Hey Fabien, why don't you come sit down here, seems like we haven't spoken since last term," Sarah Middlesbrough said reluctantly, him and Sarah had some bad history - at one point, they were 16, they nearly died in a car accident. Which was all Will Banisters' fault. The little idiot.