Element

Chapter 19

Damien had found Madi finally. Her presence fulfilled his empty, cold heart with love and affection. Her purity and innocence killed him, him the evil but lonely vampire with nothing really but human, metallic blood to live for. Madi was like an angle, like no other girl he'd ever met. And Taylor was irreverent to him. All he cared about, all he loved, all he wanted to protect was her. But Fabien, for the first time ever, had got in the way of Damien getting his way.

"Damien! Oh thank god, someone real and alive!" She blissfully said in her English accent.

He didn't say anything, he just hugged her. She leaned back and smiled, he smiled back and fell deeper in love. It felt like being at the bottom of the ocean; he was free but not in his usual element, so the heavy mass of water crushed him slowly. I guess that's why they call it a 'crush', he was in love with someone who loved someone else, who didn't have the same affection for him. And it hurt.

"I love you." He whispered in to her ear carelessly.

"Thanks." She replied.

"Wow, that's the first time I've ever got friend zoned." He quietly laughed. His face still pressed up against the edge of her face. Her hair, muffled against his. Her ear parallel to his mouth, his arms tangled into hers; hugging tightly against each other in the middle of the desolate land of the mist... And then he realised... This was his element.

"Don't worry," she said, pulling back, "I love you." She winked. Making it obvious it wasn't in that way.

He was so surprised about how awkward he was around girls.

"What's your middle name?" He asked, trying to release the awkwardness into the air.

"Well, it was Josephine, but I've changed it to Sophia."

"Madi Sophia."

She smiled.

"Wanna go now? And you can tell me exactly what happened."

She nodded.

"Jump up." He said, and she jumped up on his back, he gave her a piggy back back to to the mansion. But as he ran, he felt his powers were weak and his pace was slower than usual. Without the distraction of Madi he noticed his breathing was straining. He needed blood, he needed the oxygen from the blood, he craved a bloodlust. And in result, with Madi's aura surrounding and Intwining with his, he reminisced of when he drank her blood. So sweet and supernatural, so delicious, so addictive...