Vampire Virginity

Chapter 12

Madi sat lazily on her bed in the small, surgery room. Room 48 to be exact. It was early morning and so strands of white light was surging through the gaps between the half open blinds. She lifted her head and her eyes caught a beam of light, it blinded her but at the same time it warmed her cold, goose bumped covered body. The surgery turned the heating off at night, so all she had was the thin sheets of blanket to keep her temperately warm.

Fabien caught her mind. She was still so lost about the whole vampire and hausse thing. She couldn't take it all in. She had so many questions still to ask him, like if vampires couldn't to out in the day and all the other myths and tells of a vampire. But then Damon had visited her in the evening light, so maybe not. Though she'll still ask. But first, she'd have to call him over...

Several minutes later, Fabien shuffled through the door, his long torso covered with a loose nirvana t shirt and black skinny jeans suffocated his skinny legs. His hair was muffled and he looked incredibly tired, his eyes drooped over grey circles. She gave him satisfactory even so, as it was seven in the morning, and who woke up at seven in the morning? But funnily enough, she had. Weirdly. Not like she was a morning person at all.

"Hey," she said whilst awkwardly waving at him with her awkward bony hand and awkward tiny wrist as he awkwardly smiled at her when she awkwardly made space for him to sit on the bed instead of the awkward plastic chair.

"So what's up?" He said whilst lying next to her, sliding his boots off with his feet as he did.

"Mmm, I just want to question you," she answered, snuggling into his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. He kissed her head and started snoring a bit, signalling he was falling asleep. And that was so cute. That was reason number two why she loved him. No matter what. His cuteness.

"Fabien!" She said but got no answer. He had completely fallen asleep.

They led there; Fabien snoring, Madi thinking. Both wrapped up together. For half an hour, until he suddenly woke up startled.

"Ugh where am I, what the hell?" He said, screwing up his white face at the light blinding his eyes as he got up out of Madi's grasp.

"Oh Fabien you fell asleep," she said, pulling him back down, "I was going to ask you more about this whole vampire thing, I'm curious... And sensible. Just tell me everything there is to know."

He took a deep breath which seemed to revive his face and his eyes widened,

"Well, vampires can't go out in the sun unless they spray themselves, everyday, with a fleur-de-lis perfume."

"Uh huh," Madi nodded, taking it all in just in case this information was useful for the future.

"Um, there's a place, very sacred to the supernatural world. It's where all the pure bloods came from and where most still live. It's called sombre valley, and it's split up in counties; serviteur, socière, pur sang, tuer and monarchie."

She thought very hard. Something in the back of her mind was telling her she knew this, but it stayed at the back of her mind, annoyingly.

"Ok." She nodded again.

"On October 14th there is to be a massive war, called the hausse. Which is the thing I suspect we will be VIP guests to attend,"

"Yes..." She wondered, "but why? Why October 14th?"

"Because that was when Harold Godwinson lost the battle of Hastings and swore he would get back the monarchy, but he didn't mean England, he meant the supernatural English royalty. But things have changed, the vampires want the French one as that, is more important... And after they take that they'll probably take the English monarchy."