Half human pt.4

Chapter 29

Fabien trudged through Hastings, hood up, head down, in a mood like a hormonal teenage girl. He couldn't get over the fact that Madi wasn't there. To hug, to kiss, to talk to, to laugh with. He was in a state that even his mum couldn't fix. What he needed was her, he loved the feeling of protecting her and loving her and making her laugh and even making her annoyed because... She was human... Well, Fabien thought and corrected himself as She was like 5% human... It made her real. A real living being with thoughts and feelings and eyesight and touch. In his head he had planned everything. Him and her in monarchie castle, living the the dream, having a family... But that was all in jeopardy and for some reason he had lost the motivation and not gained it. Madi and him we're suppose to do it all together, not her be taken away to places ranging from hell to monarchie castle to be sacrificed. Because if she died, he would give up. If she was gone, he was too.

And at the end of the day, (he had come to this conclusion), it was Damien's fault. He was the person - ghost, who held him back saying all the crap like 'there's nothing you can do' blah blah blah... Well he could've at least tried! Madi is basically the Jesus of the supernatural world. He could've- would've sacrificed his life for her, easily.

So his mindset was a mixture of revenge plots and Why Madi was perfect. Nothing to do with halfbreeds or the heisse, which was wrong. But it soon changed after being in his own little world, a wave of paranormal fire came surging towards him. He almost automatically looked up, cracking his neck, for the halfbreed. But there was nothing there except mist. As it was two hours till midday and so it was getting denser, but he figured he was on a road of houses. As the closest one was merely visible, it was Victorian and tall.

"Hello?" He said into space. He took down his grey hood and ran his fingers through his hair that was getting so long that it flopped to the side instead of staying up in a usual quif.

"Hellooo?!" He said again.

"Fabien." A very recognisable voice replied. It was Adrian, the one who helped Fabien understand the features of a halfbreed.

"Adrian!" He said quite a bit to enthusiastically.

"Fabien, listen to me, you can't be thinking about revenge in your brother and Madi. You need to have your mindset focused on finding these halfbreeds and training!" The echoing voice said. It kind of spooked him so he asked,

"Ok, I will. I promise... And um, where exactly are you?"

"I'm in sombre valley, where you should be soon!" Adrian said.

"Yes, ok! I'm on it!" Fabien happily said and decided that the aura of fire came from the nearest house. So he walked down the pathway to it and knocked on the door.

"Hello?" A girl with red, curly hair said. She wore pyjama bottoms and a vest, with a very red nose- that was also covered in freckles.

"Uh hi. Mind if we could just like talk?" Fabien said in a panic, he had literary just knocked on the door not subconsciously but not fully aware, somewhere in between. Anyway, he wasn't prepared.

"Um okay, I'm Abigail and I'm ill off college so yeah come in I'm home alone and bored to be honest..." She surprisingly welcomed him in.

Her house was Victorian, Victorian mantle peice, furniture, stairs, chandelier, kitchen... Basically everything. Well, not basically everything, literary everything.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Fabien." He said after they walked through the hallway and kitchen to the living room.

"Yeah, sure..." She said as they both sat down opposite each other, "so what exactly do you want?"

"Um, well, I have a question which, you'll probably think I'm crazy but..."

"Yeah..." Her eyes widened as she encouraged him.

"Okay, this is going to sound weird... Um... Well..." He tried to think, but she was distracting.

"You know this whole mist situation?" He finally asked after an awkward wait.

"Yeah it's weird and kinda creepy,"

"Um, well, there's a reason to it and it's not any ordinary solution. Apparently it's something to do with like... The supernatural." He said nodding his head. With no clue whether or not she'd understand. But her face went the same colour as her noise. She knew all too well...

"You understand?" He Asked.

"Yeah, you're a halfbreed too." She said, indicating she could read his aura well.

"Yeah, vampire. You?" He said kind of too casually.

"Dragon, obviously." She put her hand through her fiery red hair.