Suspicous

Chapter 22

"Ok, where's Taylor?!" Damien asked worriedly as he walked in to the living room. He had just been to check on her as it was his duty to protect her.

"I don't know..." Madi replied.

"Neither..." Fabien said too.

"Well, now what?!" Damien questioned. Thinking where she might be, "she's probably gone to put all those damned posters up!"

"And what are you going to do about it?" Fabien asked.

Damien looked at him, Fabien slowly nodded his head. He then looked towards Madi and she did the same thing. He knew they knew what he knew he had to go do now.

"Fine." He sighed. And headed outside to go find Taylor.

"Ok, Madi. It's quite late and well... We have a very busy day tomorrow so-" Fabien was interrupted.

"Noooope! Don't act like you're my mum please." Madi interrupted.

"Ohhhh kayyy... Then we'll be discussing tomorrow's plans!" He smirked. She laughed and went to lye on top of him as he took up the entire sofa, his legs spread along it.

"We'll going to find some halfbreeds, hopefully. And train with them - we'll learn how to use our supernatural abilities at their finest until they are as strong as a pure bloods' powers. And It will be especially exciting for you because you are one of a kind..."

Madi's memory was slowly coming back to her - especially because Damien had actually gave her a tiny boost of energy and knowledge when she woke up... And she remembered Sophia.

"Well I'm really the opposite of that," she said.

"What?"

"I'm not 'one of a kind' I'm one of every kind. I'm basically all supernatural beings mixed together and that... Yeah... That equals me."

Fabiens face lightened up, he smiled widely.

"Yes! It's been so hard to figure out what halfbreed you were! I was getting all types of signals I couldn't believe it was possible... But it must be! How come you didn't tell me before though?" His excited tune lowered in pitch.

"Sophia told when I went to look for Kate. She came back as a spirit in the mist!" Madi smiled.

"Sophia?" Fabien asked confused. And she remembered she hadn't told him about her yet.

"She was, is, my twin sister. But she died in a house fire back in Italy," She frowned, "That's why we moved to England."

"I'm so sorry." He hugged her and kissed the back of her head gently. She stopped tensing and relaxed to positive thoughts of the fact She's still able to see Sophia.

But then Fabien ruined those positive thoughts horribly,

"Ok, now do you know why you should never go back out on your own and you should never go back home..."

* * *

Adela had finally got her chance to go find out why Madi was missing. She had been waiting all day to manipulate and interfere with the half vampire boy and his petty little perfect girlfriend. Who seemed to be so important he's had to kidnap her. And so her aim was to find out who she really was. Because, even though she made him think she does - she doesn't. Adela just picked up a random book and was desperate to become human again.

Kate was sleeping oh so elegantly on the crusty bed of mrs rothko's house. But Adela the ghost girl was emerging from her body she could feel the warmth being drained from her own soul back into Kate's. She could feel in the change in bodies, how Kate's was more slim and she was dangerously skinny. And the fact she was 12 and Kate was 18... It felt weird letting free of Kate's soul for the night as the real Kate slept.

But eventually, Adela found her old spirit roots and flew fast through the walls and into the open outside. She felt the need to breath in the fresh, cold air the subtle night provided but she remembered that wasn't necessary as ghosts didn't need to breath... They're dead. She was dead.

That's weird, she thought to herself. After being alive for a few days she's felt like she'd been alive her whole dead life. If that makes sense.

"Boo!" She shouted into the night air. The mist was gone but that didn't matter... This town had some type of paranormal pull on it. It wasn't as strong as the mist but it managed to pull in mist for a whole 15 hours each day.

And after a few minutes of free flying, diving into the bodies of random humans - making them shiver horrifically. She had made it to the Godwinson house.

She laughed as she swooped like an eagle through the mansion walls and straight in the living room where Fabien and Madi both were. She knew it!

* * *

"But can't I just go back home one more time? Please!" Madi pleaded.

"No, not now. After the hausse you can but you can't risk anything now. You need to keep to hiding as I need to protect you! You're the supreme supernatural being! You're like a myth - a living legend! You're rare and rare things need protecting." Fabien replied, hoping she understood his problem and duty.

"But-" Madi started.

"No! No buts. This is it, this is all it's gunna be, this is important, this has no buts!" He said grimly but in a Fabien innocent way.

"Ugh. I don't even see why I'm so important anyway... I'm just a below average boring fat college student who hates moths, frequently eats fast food and fails driving tests a lot."

"No no no... You're obviously above average I'd say up in the elite section. Boring? Ok I must be into boring girls. Fat? Oh Pleasssse. And... I love moths but hate caterpillars, I could live off fa-"

"Oh k enough of this soppy couple crap!" Adela appeared from no where.

"What the..." Madi said.

"How the..." Fabien said.

"Yeah that's right!" She laughed, 'I just like eaves dropping and butting my nose in... But don't mind me! I just wanted to know why you've been 'missing'."

"Well... You know where I am now. But do you know where Kate is?" Madi asked, unable to look the ghost in the eyes. It gave her chills.

"Oh... Nooo..." She said.

"Really?" Madi asked again.

"No," she quickly changed the subject, "I think I can help you find some halfbreeds you know."

"Really?" Fabien said.

"Yes really..."

"Ok, uh, thanks."

"No problem... Ok.. I'll be going..." She emerged back into the invisible air, escaping the awkwardness.

* * *

"Taylor! Where are you!" Damien shouted as he walked in random directions going in and out of the woods, in the lanes, in countless fields, to the beach, to town and back. But as he left one field and entered a lane which was fairly near his house, he stood upon a lot of paper...

* * *

Adela flew around for a bit and coincidentally saw Damien wondering them looking like a fool, I mean, isn't the woods a good place for a bloodlust? But he was standing on top of what she believed to be, posters. And as she flew closer to the ground she saw Kate's face on them... Missing signs for her! All she ever wanted!

"Hello Damien." She said as she generated colour.

"Wh- what? Taylor!"

"No... It's me the ghost girl! Adela if you want to be precise!" She laughed, flying in front of him.

"Oh... You..."

"Yeah me. And uh, thanks for the posters ya know."

"What? I didn't make those, Taylor did and... Their for Kate?" Damien said looking more confused than ever.

And she remembered that they were for Kate, not her.

"Oh, I, well... You see. I'm a ghost I don't know what I'm saying!" She said and quickly became invisible again.

"Suspicious." Damien said, eyes squinting.