Nightmare

Chapter 5

Taylor sneaked out the way she came in, she got too paranoid to stay any longer, plus it was getting darker outside.

"See you soon then," Madi threw a wave towards her friend as she left.

"Yes, very soon!" Taylor smiled, looking back at Madi in the gloomy room that was lit by only a bedside lamp. "I'm happy you're ok, I was so worried,"

"Thanks Tay, it's nice to see someone caring about me," Madi thought about her family, how they really didn't cherish her.

"Don't be silly! You have me, Kate, your mum and Fab-" Taylor cut herself off, she forgot she hated him.

"Fabien..." Madi looked confused on why Taylor hadn't finished. She just shrugged and walked out, Taylor didn't want to tell her yet. But she wasn't planning on telling anyone about the two vampires lurking in Hastings, not like anybody would believe her anyway.

"Oh my god, where have you been? I was expecting you back from college hours ago," Taylor's mum, Jolene Vine, asked in a strict but worried manner as her 17 year old daughter barged into her own house.

It was average, not big but not small - modernised and clean, very clean; the cabinets shined. Jolene would spend hours cleaning their house. Taylor thought she had huge OCD.

"Uhm, I just went too..." Taylor remembered that the surgery was closed for visitors, "I went too, uhh, well I was going to stay over Kate's but I uhm," she gave up, her mum knew she was lying since 'uhm' and so did Taylor herself.

"Look, Taylor Jane Vine you need to stop this fibbing!" Taylor frowned at her mothers' tone.

"Ugh well, your dinner is in the oven," Jolene was obviously not in the mood for arguing or disciplining...but either way, Taylor was seventeen, nearly 18, and her mum was angry at her for staying out till 7:20. Taylor was so annoyed because of her mothers over-the-top protectiveness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Madi started drifting away, it was 7:10, she hadn't realised how long her and Taylor were talking for. Even though it was only ten past seven she felt tired, lifeless. Her eyes automatically closed and she fell into a deep dream.

Madi woke up in what seemed to be a castle room? She was dressed in a rouge gown that was tight around the bodice and then flared, mixing with a gold colour at the waist downwards. Her brown hair was full of waves and loose curls and on top perched a tiara made out of weird red leaves.

She got up out of the king size bed which truly was fit for a king. The room, and the bed, looked expensive and royal. Huge and beautiful. Even the ceiling had special carvings in it, to top it off it had a gold chandelier hang in the middle.

The entire room had a recurring pattern of gold and red, her dress merged perfectly in.

After Madi had stopped admiring the red carpet that had gold embroidered in, emphasising the swirls and flowers... She decided to snap out of that girly first nature and step into the second nature, but where exactly was she?

Madi walked towards the window, worrying about herself. She saw two hills leading out from a glistening river, at the top of the hills was heavy fog.

Still clueless and now even more scared after snapping back to the 'real world' she walked towards the massive, gold and white door, again even that was perfect.

Her dress swung gracefully at a stop when Madi took at deep breath before opening it.

Click.