Emerald

Chapter 18

She left the house, crying. The mist was freezing each tear as they ran helplessly down her face. All her thoughts and feelings collided with the mist as it enclosed on her, isolating her terribly and it made her claustrophobic even though she was outside with no walls or locked doors. Madi had horrible de ga vu as she did this too, it reminded her of the day she left her house for college to meet Fabien, but the mist ruined that plan and she fell into a coma... Where she dreamed about being in a cloud and then lightening struck her road and a demon came out of the crack, but the little girl distracted her and then the cloud was shaping around her and

That was it, wasn't it. She couldn't remember anything from there, she stopped screaming mid sentence and woke up in the surgery to finish the line.

But even so, she paced down the road. With nothing insight but mist... But slowly a shape began to appear ahead of her. It was human shaped but where the eyes must of been, shone beautiful gem green. Green.

"Madi! Long time no see!" Jesper said, cheerfully as if they were long lost best friends.

"Ge-" she wiped away her tears afraid it showed she was weak, but right now, she was furious. "GET AWAY FROM ME! I HATE YOU I CANT DO THIS!" She screamed.

"Calm down beautiful baby..." He lifted his arm and touched her face elegantly. His cuffed wrist skimming it gently. He wore the same suit he wore before in her nightmare, his hair as luscious blonde as it was before, but her attention was on his emerald eyes glowing in the gloomy mist. She was left in awe.

"N-no..." She pleaded as he wrapped both arms around her.

"You're coming with me." He said softly.

She panicked as his eyes shone blindingly, his face turned from beautiful to evil; the soft features transformed into a rough, horrible look.

"NO! SOPHIA!" She bellowed.

His mouth smiled as he laughed.

"PATHETIC HAHAHAHA!" He shouted back to her. But no, it really wasn't. As Sophia really did come to save her, she emerged from the surrounding mist and shouted something non English, Madi knew it was French even so.

"Être damné retour en enfer!"

And Jesper, just fell through the ground. Leaving only but a pair of emeralds left, lying on the cold, wet concrete. They illuminated the dull scene lovely.

"Sophia!" Madi cried and went to hug her dead twin sister.

"Madi, did you see that?" Sophia asked. Madi was confused.

"Yeah?" She answered.

"What did I just do?"

Mad I thought about it... She looked up and stared into Sophia's face, trying to figure out any clues from her facial expressions. But it was only then she realised. Two dull emeralds eyes shone, just like Jesper's.

"Oh my god...we're half witch! You jut cast a spell!" She voiced.

"But, not the same type!" Sophia smiled gently. Her mouth curved so perfectly.

"What?"

"I'm half witch and human but you're a little bit of everything. You're the most powerful supreme half breed of them all!"

"What? But if I'm so supreme why have I always been second best between us two? I'm not as kind, clever, beautiful, strong as you!"

"Well, because we didn't know we had all these powers and so what I was like and what you are like is literary just our personalities, you'll going to have to unlock your true abilities soon!"

"How though?!"

"Well, you are part faerie so maybe try and generate your wings? And you're part witch so try castings some spells and you're part vampire, try growing out those human canines..."

"Wings?' Spells? Fangs?-"

"MADI?!"

"I need to go now." Sophia said after Damien shouted for Madi.

"Oh, but... bye then." Madi said and hugged her as she disappeared into the mist.

"Damien!" Madi shouted back as he came in clear sight.