Black is the new Black

Chapter 31

Many days past. Fabien had deeply informed Orlando of the situation and assigned everyone to jobs or specific training work outs. All the halfbreeds needed to be ready for The Hausse, so Fabien had to try and bring out their inner supernatural strength; with the help of the book that seemed to have everything in, Spellbound. Protecting this holy book never crossed anyone's mind. It was a wonder how it was just thrown into their living room like any other ordinary book, something like that shouldn't just be dismissed of protection. Surely, it was sacred.

But, nether the less, Fabien found it to great use. Apparently, half breed werewolves could bring out their inner wolf by eating raw meat and sleeping bare naked underneath either a full or blue moon. It did work, as Will would always come inside in the morning looking like a demonic bear with yellow eyes that screamed glory and gore. Determined and hungry, he would pounce like a wild dog at anyone he first saw. Fabien was still trying to find the page that instructed him on how to tell a werewolf what's prey and what's its friend.

Orlando was astonishing, he easily mastered the art of spells and dark magic like he was born to do it. And yeah, he's half witch. I don't think anyone had noticed the shade of his dark green eyes. But they were un noticeable which would be taken as an advantage in sombre valley. No one would think he's half witch, one of the most powerful races.

However, it was taking Abi some time to master the art of fire. Dragons were capable of extreme fire blowing and shielding. They could breath the fire all around them and it would be invincible to get inside. It's an amazing power, but Abi just couldn't do it. She got stressed and always started screaming at anyone who was helping her at the time, to who that was normally Fabien. And he would just nearly naturally say 'calm down', the two words that made her even more angrier. He wouldn't give up with her though, she was going to do it. She knew it and everyone else did. In fact, one particularly cold day, she managed to use her mind to turn a candle on. Not all of them, just one. She was insanely proud and modest about it, yet looked exhausted from that one trick. She was slowly but surely getting there.

Lucas, the little swine. He studied his genetic supernatural trait like a college course. He knew everything about the hellhound, he knew how to extinguish prey from friend and predator to friend. He could use his bark to summon ghosts from the dead, literally, Damien was summoned. It was hilarious, Lucas the skinny little manboy could scare Damien Godwinson.

On the other hand, Gina was an angel. She could summon white, silky wings that could carry an entire human being like it was as light as a feather. She looked so angelic and natural, yet whenever she was in that form and came in to a close distance of Adela, she would scream to a pitch that was impossible for a human to hear. And seen as none of them were all human, their ear drums were basically destroyed. And in response, Adela would do her trademark scream that temporarily deafened Kate, Taylor and Madi before. This screaming and frustration was purely because Adela and Gina were the opposite of each other, demon from hell and then angel from heaven. Not a good mix. So Fabien always made sure that they kept in a big distance from each other to decrease the amount of ear drum tearing.

Leondre was improving day by day; Discovering new animals he could turn into. So far he had:

A black panther

A Vulture

A crow

A black bear

A shark

And... A zebra. And... A black cat.

The constant theme of black animals was cool to him. It was his favourite colour.

Then there was Mathilde, she was working on her wings, they were beautiful and shiny, thin as paper but as strong as a spiders web. One time, she flew as high and as fast as a jet. Her white hair flowing magically round her neck and back like a waterfall in sombre valley; pure. Her laugh echoed down to the ground, leaving everyone in awe and excitement. Fabien was more than happy, everything was going to plan, he was going to get Madi back. ... ....

And Taylor back ... ...

And vampires would finally rule ...

Fabien and Adela was fine and took to their supernatural powers like a bird does to flying. So everything was, kind of, going smoothly.

***

But Fabien had assigned Damien, Adela and Carisa to take turns each week to go food shopping. And one week, It was Adela's turn. But, she wasn't actually Adela was she? She was in Kate's body. She forgot that, and the fact Kate was like, a person living in a town with other people who knew her...