Light

Chapter 34

It was October 9th and three weeks had past. The town and media were going crazy for the missing children and an even heavier gloom dropped upon the town. Everyone was very paranoid and alert, but the hiding vampires had found everyone they needed.

Fabien decided that, Adela, Gina, Orlando, Abigail, Leondre, Mathilde, Lucas and Will had found their true identity and power. The problems, like the tornado incident, had all been controlled and now they could all use their abilities but still keep their strength. And anyway, they had to leave by tomorrow. Seen as October 14th was in five days.
///
The mansion, cozy, warm, protecting was what the teen halfbreeds called home now. They had spent everyday and every night there for weeks, and their daily routine didn't include college anymore. It felt weird; Abnormal.
"I'm nervous." Gina said softly. Looking up with her blue eyes into everyone else's like a guilty puppy.
"Don't worry, Gina, just remember that you are powerful." Fabien reassured her. She fidgeted around and looked uncomfortable. She didn't know what to expect out of sombre valley.
"What does it look like?" She asked.
"It has beautiful parts and grotesque parts. It depends what county you're in. But either way, there's always a river running through as it is a literal valley." Fabien answered. Everyone in the circle taking it in and listening.
"How dark is it?" Abi asked, as sombre did mean dark.
"Um, in the beautiful, rich counties there's almost like a sun but not a sun, shining, making the river glisten and grass shimmer. But in the poor, horrible counties it's almost like mud has covered the sky and the river is like a sewage." Fabien described quite accurately, he looked around the circle of halfbreeds. All standing, scared and nervous with their complete black outfits that covered everything but their hands and head. Looking like burglars.
"How are we going to get there?" Orlando questioned.
"My friend, Adrian, is going to open up the portal for us." Fabien said according To Adrian's promise. The supernatural being that helped him with how to find halfbreeds.
"Anymore questions?" He asked at last. No one answered but still, confusion ran through their veins and showed in their body language and expressions. But there was no time to lose now.

Finally, Fabien all ordered them outside. It was a silent night, the air was still and clear. Moths and tiny flies flew hopelessly through the cold air in search for light. But their was no light.

"Adrian!" Fabien shouted into the darkness. He did again and again, "Adrian we're ready!" He did until he came which was several screams later.
"Follow me." The light around him shone bright in the blackness. All they could see was the weak outline of him. His face nearly as pale and gleaming as the light he carried. His body lost in the light completely. It was bright but it didn't blind them.
Adrian turned facing away from them and walked, as he did, the light stretched to where he was. It looked like a little tunnel. They all walked in as the tunnel stretched making room. The moths and flies flew into it too as, they had found the light.