Stolen Soul

Chapter 6

"So, what do I get in return for saving you and them humans?" Damien walked into his brothers bedroom.

"What is wrong with you?" Fabien looked at him in disgrace, "Taylor, my human friend, knows what we, no, what you are!" He wasn't really a vampire was he? Had he never hunted unless blackmailed by his brother.

Damien smirked at his brothers thoughts.

"She is going to get murdered!" Fabien carried on.

"And I should care because...?" Damien asked the question no one could answer, why should he care about one human out of all the others he's drank to death? The amount of times he's killed for fun was despicable too, his heart, his feelings for all humans was gone. The only human he ever cared about was his father.

"Look Damien, we have lived here for like 10 years now, we can't move one, it's hard settling in and making friends you know and It took a long time for me to even talk to people at school and now I have some friends and, and I have Madi now and I just can't do it all over again." Fabien said it as emotional as he could to make his brother feel the slightest amount of sympathy for him. Also making lots of 'and' points helped.

"I won't help you, but I'll help you start," Damien had emphasised a bit, "The only way you can stop her from being killed is if you stop her from being taken, once you're in sombre valley for death penalty- you never come out so, you're gonna need to hide her,"

"Ok so I'll find a hiding place for Taylor, but what about Madi? The spirit said she will die saving the vampires," Fabien said grimly like the sentence was going to give him a cold in its self.

"Well maybe she means on Halloween or something but too make sure, we should maybe...actually no-" Damien stopped, thinking his idea was to ludicrous to say.

"No keep going, what is it?" Fabien recoiled.

"Um, we should try and capture this ghost and then you know it could give us some more information..."

Fabien smiled at his brother, he had saved them all and now was helping him with a plan to stop them from dying. How kind.

Damien sighed. Hearing Fabien's thought made him cringe too. And he thought getting them out of the mist was his last good deed of the day. He ignored the fact that that was yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my god, so you got the same type of dream in this 'Sombre' valley too," Taylor spoke down the phone to Madi. She decided to skip college today, she just faked a cough.

"Yeah it was so, so weird and bad very bad," Madi replied, she was using a phone in the surgery, as she was now aloud to move from her bed.

"Same- kind of, I was in um, tuer county, where we you? Taylor asked contently.

" oh uh, Monarchie county- Taylor you do know 'tuer' means kill in French..." Madi said it as nice as she could towards her clueless friend. (Taylor took German).

"Oh that's bad but I wasn't going to die anyway, there was this girl called Violet or 2980- she was a servant along with hundreds of others, I was going to become one for her and go to servituer county but I woke up," she said it like it was your most normal thing ever. Even though it was only a dream it's still kind if creepy when your friend has one linked.

"So why do you think I was in Monarchie and you were in tuer?" Madi asked awkwardly, she nodded her head to the phone as Taylor was talking about becoming a servant.