Half human / pt. 1

Chapter 26

"GET OFF ME!" Madi screeched as the black figure grabbed at her arm. But it carried on and so pulled her into his grasp, skin against skin. And His skin was sticky but left no trace of a finger print and it was shiny but there was no sun light. The demons arms tangled around her and she was suffocated, it was like a snake. And the light slowly ran out... The last thing she saw was him grabbing at Taylor and Fabien screaming and Damien holding him and his mum back. There was nothing they could do. They all emerged into nothingness and all she could see was white, she shut her eyes, she was so scared she didn't want to believe what was happening. But when she opened them she knew exactly what was going on.

* * *

"We've failed. that's it. Oh my god... I'm so useless." Fabien whined like a new born baby as his mum cradled him. Tears ran helplessly down his red cheeks, to the bottom of his chin and to his blue flannel.

"No, we've not failed. If anything we've got more to get and less to lose now. This should make us more motivated!" Adela said in disagreement.

"Yeah, if I'm honest... The idiot is right. We need to save Madi!" Damien said.

"... And Taylor..." Adela winked, "have a crush do we?" She nudged him.

"Shut the hell up you boneless piece of crap." Damien worded, as nicely as he could.

"No Damien you shut the hell up you're a boneless piece of crap too." Fabien surprisingly butted in.

"Wow, and I thought we had bonded." He laughed.

"Oh can you ALL shut the hell up NOW. it's about time we did something instead of sitting around crying. So, everyone get up-" they all got up, except Damien and Adela; they lightly floated a few inches above ground, "and I say we all split up and go find these damned half breeds for crying out loud." Their mum ordered. This was a first as normally she was a quiet one. But maybe this entire situations she had been dragged into was tiring the poor women.

"Morons." She whispered under her breath as Damien and Adela flew off and Fabien jogged away.

~ ~ ~

Adela first went back to the house where she was almost definite that Leondre and Mathilde, Lucas and will were halfbreeds so she had to talk to them, but keep it cool like ya know?

Just say "hey you know like I watched this film yesterday about supernatural and like it said like everyone has something supernatural in them like ya know people can be half human and half shape shifters and stuff" then shrug your shoulder "do you think ya know like maybe your family ancestors could've been like supernatural beings ya know" then shrug it off Adela. Okay? Okay.

Adela thought of a million ways to casually ask them if they were or weren't halfbreeds. But just improvised when it came to actually asking them.

She walked cooly into the living room where the four of them were, playing chess. Ew.

"Heyyyy..." She said, empathising the simple one syllable word making it more accidentally suspicious.

"What's wrong?" Lucas asked, raising one eyebrow so his glasses went wonky.

"Oh, uh N-M ya know.." They all laughed at her reply.

"N-M? Really?" Will teased. She thought it was a cool abbreviation for not much but she thought wrong.

"Ok, whatever but ya know but uh.. recently I went to this like voodoo spiritual future telling place with this super weirdly omniscient women. And she said stuff like ohh the supernatural this and that and well apparently we all have supernatural traits and I just wanted to know if you guys have any like stories about your ancestors and if you have supernatural traits..." She looked at them, all eight eyes starring at her in silence and then Leondre said,

"Yeah, I actually do kind of. My dad always told me stories about my granddad, according to legend he killed half of France."

"Huh? Really... How?" Adela sat down next them on the floor, wide eyes and ready to expose them all.

"He was... A..."

"..a.." Adela encouraged.

"...a... BUTCHER! he half of Frances cows! dun dun dunnn!" And they all laughed hysterically leaving Adela confused.

"Get outta here." She said and got up.

"No but seriously, why'd you care so much? I saw the way you were looking at me like some baby seeing its first rainbow!" He chuckled.

"Because you're all bloody half breeds! You all fit in each category! Leo you are a freaking half shape shifter don't fool me! Mathilde you are half faerie! Will you are half werewolf! Lucas you are half hellhound!" She blurted out in the spur of the moment.

They all exchanged glances and then Lucas said,

"You're right." Then will followed on,

"Yeah."

Leo and Mathilde also confessed.

It was all true and they all knew it as well. They said their families are supernatural and told them they were special and would someday be needed for something but for now keep there real identities hidden. Lucas said that Will and him had told each other as soon as the met because they sensed it so much but Lucas had sensed something in her too but wanted to be sure and now he he was completely sure.

"You're half demon. Aren't you?"

"Yeah." She looked down herself. Kind of ashamed.

"And you're not really Kate, are you?"

"No."

"That's why I never really saw you and mistaked you all the time. I can see you really. So come out."

"No, I hate being a ghost. I want to be a human."

"Ha who are you, Pinocchio?" Will teased once again.

"Shut up." She said bluntly. "Anyway, you need to come with me, we've got a lot of training."

"Oh yeah, can you tell us what this thing is that we've been destined to be part of our whole life?" Mathilde asked as they left their game of chess and walked outside with Adela.

"Yeah, okay. Walk and talk." Adela said, and explained the entire thing as the five of them walked to the Godwinson mansion.

new chapters this Sunday ( Damien's pov) , Tuesday (mum pov) and friday (Fabien's pov) then it will go back to normal (( as this is two days late oops. ))