Promise

Chapter 21

Madi woke in Damien's bed. The lights were switched on and burned her eyes, so she wiped away the tears that it made and got up to open the blinds. Where the dim evening light was a way better substitute for the electric light.

"Damien?- Fabien?" She automatically asked into space. Thinking, there's something wrong, something different, something unique, about those two names. But she didn't know what exactly. She didn't even know why she had said them really.

"Damien!" She said again, but a little more louder. And in those few seconds between when he came and when she said it, frightened her. She didn't know what to expect and as the entire room she was in was black, just black. She imagined some goth with a very long, lightly brushed to the side - fringe. Now, he was basically that but didn't have the fringe. His black, luscious hair was swept back into a quiff. His pale skin was flawless and his jawline...

"Madi!" He said smiling.

"I'm so confused right now."

"Oh well that's good, at least your memory isn't completely blacked out."

"I don't get it, why would it be?" She questioned.

"Well, let me just explain to you something you may not like. But it has to be done really..." He responded.

And he told her about the hausse on October 14th. How it was the chosen date that a war would start and she - as if it was a video game - was the main character. He told her about the sacrificing on Halloween night and how the strongest of each supernatural creature gets killed that night in sombre valley. He told her basics like the fact vampires are only immune to light when they spray a special type of cologne/perfume on them. Or the fact the witches and demons are the royal family in this case. He also talked about how to recognise supernatural creatures. And through out this - she was practically crying.

"W-what the hell?" She recalled on the whole thing. Damien tried to reassure her that everything was fine but she kept on going on, asking questions.

"Why am I a-" (air quotations) " 'main character' "

"I don't understand what's a halfbreed really?"

"So - what are you? A werewolf?"

"Is this a TV show prank or....?"

"Are you ok in the head?"

He realised he'd missed a lot of information.

But he had soon answered all her petty questions. And so after she'd processed it all, she was ready to come downstairs with Fabien and him.

"Now, he's a bit dizzy and weird right now... He can't stop going on about some weirdo called Adrian..." Damien revealed. And Madi's confused-ness came back.

~~~~~~~

Meanwhile - Taylor was stranded in the mist. As even though it was slowly but surely fading away, it was still a stranger to her. She couldn't find her way round with it at all... And she hated that. Her exterior body was cold and covered in goosebumps but inside was boiling hot. I'm fact - he fore head was sweating weirdly. The entire scenario was terrible. And she regretted not waiting untill Damien was ready to come with her to put up the damned posters.

But as her head continued to spin and her weariness went away. Her mind was empty and the mist soon fulfilled her thoughts and body mentally. It was until she got to the point where she started to take advantage of this and used it for mediation that it was disturbed suddenly.

"Taylor! How could you just promise something but then abandon me like that!" A girl shouted furiously a few yards away - barely visible. But her violet hair shone. Violet...

"Violet?" Taylor asked, in her normal self with her own thoughts and her own body with no mental faults.

"Oh, you remember my name do you? Well that great!" She said walking forward. But Taylor didn't know if she was being sarcastic or not by the kind of monotone voice she used.

"Look, I don't really know who you are... I just said violet because of the colour of your hair..." Taylor muttered as she backed away from the girl as she walked towards her.

"YOU BETRAYED ME!" She shouted and started running.

"Get away from me you freak!" Taylor shouted back and started running away. Away from the real life princess wearing brown rags, she was like Cinderella but with violet hair. She ran away from the posters that all flew into the still air but got caught In the wind her running caused. She just ran really - not because she was being chased... Just to get away. Not just violet... Everything. She was just so confused with the whole mist situation and scared and in love with basically a stranger who seemed to good for her but strangely loved her back and upset because her best friend had gone missing. She had mixed emotions but they were all negative.

"Okay! Stop!" Taylor finally whimpered as she felt her legs couldn't run anymore. Which was a shame - it was really fun and the only way to feel free.

"Why did you leave me? I was so excited deep down!" She cryed.

"Okay... I'm sorry whatever I'll make it up to you!" She blatantly lied, as she wished to never see this girl again. It was as if she had just been put into a book - random people don't just emerge from somewhere out of nothing. This was all fiction... Surely.

"Another promise? Pffff... You need to be careful what you say... Because now I can have one thing from you whenever I want it, and it can be anything. You've said it!" And she dissolved creepily into the mist.

"K." Taylor finished. And turned to make her way back - but she had unknowingly ran into the woods...

~~~~~~~

"Hey Madi..." Fabien mumbled in distraction. He was reading a book that looked like it came from B.C.

"What's that?" She asked.

"Spellbound, a book about supernatural except this isn't some vampire diaries fiction - it's real non-fiction this time."

"K." She replied.

"K." He replied and carried on reading.

"Ahhh... So that's how you read auras..." He said randomly.

"Oh and that's how you spot halfbreeds!" He said again, randomly.

And those weird comments that Damien had already basically told Madi upstairs, were made every time he read a page or two of Spellbound. In fact he read the entire book by the time it was starting to go dark - the mist had disappeared by now.