Awkward

Chapter 17

Madi sat on her bed, feeling lost in her own home. It had been quite a while since she had been there. In her pretty room with fairly lights and Polaroids scattered on the white walls, at one point she thought it was all gone. As when she was in that coma and ended up in the clouds with that little girl and the demon who destroyed her road with that lightening strike...it just felt so real...but, she guessed it was real, because the parallel worlds work differently and must be in different dimensions.

And since awakening from the coma, neither her mum or dad or brother had come to visit her whilst in the surgery. She started to get teary eyed at the thought of that, surely her mum could've came as she was basically the only one who really cared for her out of her family. Or did she? Maybe she enjoyed it when Madi was gone...

"Get your crap together!" She whispered to her self, aggressively.

And she took a deep breath, wiped away her tears and got up to walk to the door.

~~~~~~~~

"This is your fault! She's probably run away, thinking we hated her! We should've went to visit or you should've let me go by myself!" Francesca shouted towards Madi's dad. They were arguing.

"Well it goes to show how selfish she is then! Oh how she craves attention that girl!" Madi's dad shouted back. Madi started to sob as she sat at the top of the stairs, listening in on the argument going on downstairs in the kitchen.

"WHAT KIND OF FATHER ARE YOU!" Her mum screeched.

"Calm down. Jakes upstairs!" Madi's dad said calmly. And then she didn't really hear the rest but small segments...

"I hate you...my fault..." "- Over it..." "Get out...can't look at you...my baby" "no..."

She walked down the staires, and just stood stranded in the entrance hall, ready to leave with no trace she was ever there. But Jake came wondering out of his room and as he walked down the stairs he realised who was at the bottom.

"Madi!" He exclaimed and went to hug her to which led to a kiss on the cheek.

"You hate hugs and kisses!" She laughed as she muffled his hair.

"It doesn't count now!" He said whilst he allowed her to mess his hair up, "I missed you! Everyone thinks your missing!"

"Oh..."

"Quick, let's go stop mum and dad from shouting at each other!" And he took her by the hand and pulled her down the staires.

"No... Jake. I have to go..." He frowned, "I can't tell you where or why but I just need to ok. And you can't tell anyone!" He screwed his face up and started to cry.

"Why!" He moaned.

"Because... I just do! I love you us much Jake, just remember that," she smiled and wiped his tears away.

"But I hate mum and dad being so angry at each other, and it's because of you!" He suddenly changed emotion and pushed her hands away. She felt her heart sink and new tears sprung to her eyes.

"Jake, please I'm so sorry. Everything will be ok, I'll be back soon..." (She didn't know if she was to ever come back) "I have to go, don't tell anyone, please Jake."

She pulled him back into her grasp and kissed his forehead, and then turned around and walked out.

"I love you Madi, I'm so sorry I was horrible to you before."

She heard the soft mumble of his cry as she stood outside the door. Feeling guilt interrogate her like a virus. She could've just gave everything up and went back to her family, ignoring Fabien and the entire hausse. But something inside her was screaming she'd regret it so much.