Jealousy

Chapter 13

Damien carried Madi through the uninvited guest of Hastings, smelling his way like a wolf. Her face was pale and cold, like him. But her hair contradicted her drop dead look as it swung gracefully every time he moved, it also shimmered from all the tiny water droplets that the mist carried. And her body swung as gracefully as her hair, moving every time he moved like he was the puppeteer and she was the puppet. She was perfectly imperfect, Damien liked that. Because there was always a pro with Madi, even if there were more cons.

He got to the mansion in just a few seconds, ready to sit her down and re tell her everything.

"Madi?!" Fabien said as he walked into the main living room, "What happened Damien?" He carried on, looking him in the eyes to figure it out himself.

"Oh, you-!"

Damien interrupted.

"Yeah... But-!"

Damien interrupted.

"Fine! But you're telling her! I can't be bothered." Fabien exclaimed, speaking for the last time.

"Ok, whatever." Damien said as he placed her on the hard sofa.

-----

It took about 10 minutes for Madi to wake up, since then Fabien had walked out up to his bedroom to study and their mum had come in after her mini bloodlust.

Damien had been messing around, like his usual self. By this time beautiful sleeping Madi was covered in sharpie tattoos because he really couldn't help himself. In love or not, a few pranks never hurt nobody.

"Hey, Madi..." He said in his most babyish voice, the type you speak to with your pet.

"Where- where am I?" She whispered, eyes half shut and hair in, a now, tangled mess.

"Your in my house...haha...and I'm Damien, I'm going to have to tell you a few things first."

"What are they?" She asked, now her eyes were fully open and her face now seemed to have redeemed its natural colour.

"Well,"

Damien explained everything from the vampires to the hausse to the witches. How vampires can only die or get seriously injured from wood and how witches and demons own the supernatural world. He talked about the hausse and how she is going to be a huge help in it, as she was a halfbreed. She asked "what's a halfbreed?" so Damien answered, saying how it was cross between a human and a creature of the dark world. Then she asked where her parents were and that's when she also said,

"does that mean one of my parents is a vampire?"

Damien realised, he didn't even know what halfbreed she was. She could be a werewolf or even a witch!

"Well yes... But I don't know mads, they might not be your parents..." He said, looking down because that's not a thing you don't want to hear at 17 years old. "But I'll ask them."

"So will I ever get to go home?"

"No Madi not now, your not safe at home. For now you can stay with us."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She didn't understand much, but she knew enough to know that this was reality. Had she ever created a scenario like this in her head so she could guide herself through this labyrinth of true myths and legends. It was like she had jumped into a movie. Or a book. And the thing about movies and books is, there's always an end, there has to be an end and in fact there's an end for everything, even her. So she shouldn't fear to cross the finish line because that's what's winners do. She needed to stay strong through out this, for Fabien, for billions of people, for her. This was, how cheesy as it sounds, her destiny.

"Ok, Damien. I'll stay here. But can I at least see Taylor and Kate?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kate, Taylor... Oh no. Damien thought to himself, Kate? More like that stupid ghost, Adela. And Taylor was as good as dead at this point, she'd probably been taken by the witches already.

"Um I'll see tomorrow but for the mean time. It's just me, you, Fabien and mum." He said pointing at his mum who was reading a book on the arm chair.

"Oh, hi... I didn't see you there..." Madi said to his mum.

She looked up in surprise after a few moments, realising Madi was talking about her.

"Hello little one! How are you doing? Do you want something to drink? Eat?" She said as a typical mother to her guest.

"Maybe some water please." Madi said.

She nodded and walked out without her book, she folded the top corner of the page and closed it.

"Madi!" Fabien shouted quite loud as he came running into the room after their mum had left.

"Fabien!" She said laughing and got up. He wrapped his arms around her and they kissed. Kissed.

Damien's cold blood felt like fire, his pale skin turned red for the first time ever... And it was over a girl. He's literary fallen In love with someone, his stone heart, his selfish mind... Was In love. With someone who's already in love... With his brother! How he managed to put himself in this trap he'll never know. But right now, he watched Fabien in complete and utter jealousy.

~~~~~~~~

Haha i just wrote this because I hadn't updated for ages so yeah.

Vote and comment pleaseee...

And maybe add to library/reading lists ? ;)

...also thanks for reading this chapter!...