Chapter 26-"Will you marry me?"

Luke’s P.O.V

5 months. 5 whole months, I haven’t seen those beautiful eyes that belong to the girl I love. I’ve been in that hospital every day for those 5 months, holding the little red box in my hand just waiting to ask her.  We’ve brought the twins in, Michael and Kerri announced their engagement. Calum and Josie have explained their dates.  Michael’s 19, Calum’s 19, Ashton’s 20 and its June 20th.  Beanie our puppy had to be given away because the Animal’s safety person didn’t want a puppy around a suicidal girl. That made me so mad.

I walked into the hospital, pushing Ava and Tyler on the pram, the giggle as I sped around a corner.

“WEEE!” I exclaimed pushing them, they giggled and I laughed. We reached Lily’s room and I pushed them in.

“Hey baby, Ashton made me babysit.” I muttered. I plonked Ava on Lily stomach; Ava cuddled in and closed her eyes. I sat Tyler by her side before sitting down myself.

“Come on, Lily, you missed the twins birthday.” I mumbled, their officially one and Lily wasn’t there to see them. I sighed and grabbed her hand, I played with her fingers and I felt the tears rise.

“Lily they said, a few more months and we have to let you go. I don’t want to let you go. I need you Lily.” I cried, I heard the door close and I quickly turned to see Tobie, he was holding a bunch of multi-coloured roses, Lily’s favourite flower. I quickly wiped my tears and looked away.

“It’s OK to cry, I cry.” Tobie reassured me.

“I don’t like crying in front of people it makes me feel weak.” I replied.

“Lily told me you cry a lot but only in front of her.” Tobie smirked, I raised an eyebrow.

“What else did she tell you?” I asked my famous half smile present.

“What turns her on but she told me not to tell anyone.” He smirked.

“No, go on.” I smiled.

“I don’t think I should.” He drifted off.

“You have to tell me now Grey.” I smirked.

“OK, she likes it when you bit her bottom lip and run your hands through her hair, and when you bit your lip.” He rushed, I smirked and he laughed.

“Are you being serious?” I asked and he nodded.

“Yeah, we had this discussion ages ago. She was really…you know. I think she needed you.” He laughed, I smiled and he sat beside me.

“I miss her Tobie.” I whined.

“We all do Luke.” He replied.

“I really need one of her hugs, her kisses and…just her.” I mumbled, throwing my head back.

“I can’t imagine the pain.” He said with sympathy.

“It hurts but I can’t let pain win, I need to fight for Lily. She’s gonna wake up, I know it.” I told him, he nodded and I smiled.

I watched as her body inhaled and exhaled deeply. Her eye lids pressed together as her chest rose and fell, her heart monitor beating to the pumps from her heart. Her warm hands pressed to her side and her body still. I want her to open those eyes just so I can see her. I need to see her.

“Hey Lily, Me and Carter are going for our adoption thing today. If we get accepted, we could adopt, have our own little kids!” Tobie exclaimed. I smiled and squeezed her hand; I could have sworn she squeezed back. I kissed her hand gently.