Prologue

It was the summer of 2097 after the year 2096 when the video game War Roots was sold to a company that made many VR games in the US. A new version of War Robots was released for the Royal VR System. There were only 100,000 copies made for this version, nobody knew why, not even my friends and I knew. 

We logged on the game to make our guild using our previous accounts on the mobile version. Tony, our friend with the most gold and silver took care of all the requirements to own the guild. John on the other hand, was an upgrader and always had the workshop points, and was always willing to upgrade everything, on him (literally always). 

There were two girls on the team as well, Lucy and Grace, who worked in unison on defense and offense. They also liked to flirt with the other two boys Tony and John, (thank goodness not me)

Me, on the other hand am very different from all of them, (not saying I'm special cause everyone is) I am basically the captain of the group, I give the order and make all the decisions for the group. They say I make the best decisions and techniques of all the people they have seen play.

One day, when everyone tried to log off, the exit button disappeared and we couldn't log off. The a notification popped up saying, "WARNING URGENT MSSAGE TO ALL PLAYERS AND GUILDS"  then we were teleported to the main plaza and weapons stores. A bolt of lightning came through the skies and, a person in a red cloak about 2500 time our size appeared from that bolt and said, "Hello players. I am the Admin. I am the one who controls this game. I bought this game for my own enjoyment. I am issuing you all as my pawns. If you have already notices there are 5 players gone. If your guild does not make it to the Master league in the top place in 5 years, you will die. A microwave will be emitted to your brain and you will die. I wish you all good luck, and, D O N T L I V E O N "

That's when we realized we were done for. 5 people tried to hack their way out but the system killed them. Who knows how many more hackers there could be? Only time will tell.