Tower Rush

We've been working relentlessly on finishing the tower, and we have gotten pretty far. We are far past the halfway point and are reaching the end, thanks to everyone who joined the clan and brought us here to the endgame. Things have started to decline, as slowly, we got better. But today marked the beginning of something of more difficulty than what we expected. I, Tony, will describe for you the next 2 battles, skirmishes, I may say.
As we loaded into the battle, we did not receive the hangar we chose, we were given a chosen hangar, filled with hovers. All were fitted with Scourage X2 and Spark X1. Perfect for medium fighting. 

"Everyone, I guess follow what your guts say." Collin said.

"He has a point, we all have the same stuff, there is nothing we can strategize." I replied back.

And so I started my sprint. I was rushing for the side, as I knew it would not be best to storm the middle. I saw a bunch of Furys, equipped with two Tridents, and one Ancile. The perfect combination for taking down bots at close range. 

Three locked onto me and fired simultaneously, I was forced to use my flight and get away from the blast range, but it was not enough, I took significant damage, but was locked on and ready to fire. I targeted the closest one, as the Scourage and Spark did more damage at close ranges. I managed to get the Fury below half-health and went to out of range cover to reload and fire back, but 2 missiles came and hit me, utilizing the blast range of 20 meters to take me down.

"We've taken down 3 already!" Lucy and Grace said simultaneously.

Jeez, I thought in my head,  I need to UP my GAME.

And so I did, I flew over behind some Furys in a moment's plane and fired away at the low health ones, taking down two wishing a full charge, then I took off and rushed well out of range, hiding at 700 meters away from the closest enemy. 

Collin ran into me while I was reloading and joined me in the next charge.

We took up to the skies and rained down energy charges on the Furys, Collin, coming in from the left, and me on the right. We fended off the remaining in that area, but more spawned behind us, and we were forced into submission. 

I re spawned and went ahead and rushed them, on the ground this time. The fury in front of me fired their missiles at me, and I used my hover to doge the ones aimed at the ground, barely missing the blast radius. Another Fury came over and fired while I was in the sky, This time, I flew to the left as the missiles came over, and since I was at a close range, The blast radius missed, as it was a few hundred meters behind me when it exploded.

Once I was in close range, I fired, melting away at the hull. As the last pilot was launched from the cockpit, our team was rewarded with a victory screen. Signifying that we had won the match.

The next one was the same mechanic, except it was Lancelots versus Butches. This was a tough match, as we were the Butches, but we had some equipment at our disposal. I chose a 4x Trebuchet Butch, charged it up, and aimed at an unsuspecting Lancelot who had turned his hull shield away from us. I fired t full charge, knocking off 2/3 of their health, then swapped railgun and fired one this time, taking the Lancelot with the shot. Another appeared to my left, at 500 meters. I turned to fire, but they had a whole set of Tarans and Redeemers, taking off my health to absolute zero. I managed to get one shot in there, but this time, I chose a better, more medium ranged choice. A Butch with 2x Zeus and 2x Thunder. I locked on to the Lancelot that had killed me previously, and zapped them to oblivion. Another one appears behind me, and I swapped guns as I turned and fired at the Lancelot, with 4x Avengers and demolished the physical shield to dust, then hacked away at the hull oil I won, but it came at a price. 37% hull integrity.

I was out of options, close range would be a last resort. I swapped to my Zeuses as John came in behind me with the same aramat and joined in my sniping session.

"First one to 3 kills wins." He challenge me.

"Game on it is." I replied.

(Here I suggest playing the song: Game On by Avenza, as it works with the theme)

We both aimed at a single Lancelot, and he fired first, but didn't deal enough damage to kill it off. I took advantage of that to use my Zeuses and take the kill for myself. We looked at each other, and I gave him a smirk. I took my aim at another Lancelot, and took down its shield, then turned to John's side, and switched to my Thunders, and Thunder/Storm Lancelot realized they had been spotted. John fired at the previous enemy and took aim as well, we both hacked at the physical shield until it broke, but the Lancelot used a Rush ability and carved me, taking my health to zero. I was ejected out and John managed to finish the rest. 

I may have taken a bit on this choice. But I came back down to finish the remaining 4 enemies with a robot that even I used in normal battles. A Butch with 2x Tempests and 2x Embers. What I see as great for close up battles, as the effective range for an Avenger is roughly 350 meters, and the effective range for an Ember is closer than 300 meters, so I could get much damage done in one swap.

I raced around to the blind spot for the Lancelots, I took my aim with the avengers once I was in effective range, and fired. I managed to take down one Fury, but was shot by a few with Ballistas and Trebuchets, but I was fine. I pushed on, draining the ammunition in my Avengers, the swapping to the Embers, taking two in the span of 10 seconds, or 30 liters of fuel. My Avengers were ready to fire, but not my Quick-Draw. I had five seconds. Longer Range weapons were not very good when close up. 4 seconds, I began my final walk of the game. 3 seconds, almost ready. 2 seconds, About to die! BOOM A loud shot rang throughout the map. Collin had barely gotten in view of the Lancelot enough to fire 2 Trebuchets, the seconds incoming. BOOM, that was the victory shot, the one that brought us the final screen that rewarded us with the words, Victory.