The Endgame Nears

Well, we've made it this far into the Tower. We are down to the last 5%. What awaits us at the end? What will happen? Will we all be killed if we win? Will everyone be freed? Is this all a game inside a game? We will find out soon.
I woke up in this dark place. Hard to tell what was around me. I took a step. I fell. Something was chained to my feet, a large lead ball, more than my size.

"Hello there, Collin." A voice said to me.

I tried to speak, but nothing came from my mouth.
"Or maybe I should say, the..." She started.
I stamped my foot really loud to stop her.

"Fine, I'll let you speak." She replied.

"Don't you dare call me that, Sheelah McArthur." I said in an angrily tone.

"Wow Collin, I'm surprised you know my full name." She said, "only you would have the guts to say that aloud. Be glad your conciseness isn't on the main server. The watchdog would kill you immediately."

"Why am I here? What the hell do you want from me?" I interrogated.

"You? All I want is a confession. You very well know what I'm talking about."

"I will confess nothing."

"Oh really? That's fine then. I already know. Don't worry, you'll have to sooner or later. I'll make sure that happens, and that you lose."

"Heh," I scoffed, "I'd like to see you try."

"Try all you want, you'll never win. Trust me. I'm ending this transmission now."

As she started to fade away, I said before it ended, "I've already won McArthur!" In my loudest voice.

"Collin? Collin! Wake up!"
I felt a strong slap on my cheek. I woke to Lucy and Grace staring at me as I slowly rose and got to my senses.
I blushed.

"What are you two looking at!" I yelled.

"You were talking in your sleep and moaning, we wanted to check if you were alright."
I wasn't mad at them. It wasn't the first time I had woken up like this. Everyone is always concerned for my mental care. But I'm completely fine. At least I think.
I got out of the bed.

"Well, since I'm up now, let's get back to the tower and see how far we can get today." I said to the two.

I headed over to the hologram to see the team all assembled for the oncoming levels. We had 17 more to go before we were done. The last five were only open to the set of six:
Me
Lucy
Grace
Tony
John
Bella

We were the only ones allowed to go to those last five, which I would assume the final one being the developer herself and five ultimate AIs.
The skirmishes, as they were called, have been getting progressively harder to do. The other clan mates resolved to let them take the wheel for the next few rounds til the last 7 or so. We agreed yesterday to that, and it was worth it. Everyone who battled had won. We now had 7 rounds until the end. But recently we heard sad news. The Silver Cutoff has happened, and 1,490 players were lost. We were the only hope of saving those in Gold.

We loaded into the first battle of the day, thankfully being our choice of hangar.

I loaded into a Griffin for Team Deathmatch. I was equipped with the "Plasma Ranger" setup, the typically known 2x Taran and 2x Magnum aramat. I went ahead and jumped over to the left flank for the nearby cover, as we were on the Dreadnought map, originating from an American attempt to create a suborbital massive hangar that could fit 5,000 war robots, in an attempt to pretty much take over the world, but failed in the SBS timeline.

Enough history, let's move on to the real battle.

I jumped over to the right flank for cover, hiding behind some debris for protection. I heard a Trebuchet shot and thought, I'm under some cover, I'll be fine.
I was wrong.
The shot went through the debris and hit me, although it didn't cause much damage, as I could tell from the steaming hole in the debris.
"Holy shhhhhhh..." I started.

"WATCH YOU LANGUAGE COLLIN." Grace and Lucy yelled at me.

"Say what you want." Bella replied. She was never know to be a comedian.

I walked away from the area, as I knew that I was no longer safe, and had to move up. I took the path to my rear left, a lower ground entrance to the ruined suborbital ship, through the right main engine. There I encountered a Leo, in a Redeemer and 3x Magnum setup. I started to fire, and was shot back at too. I leaped to the left as I had hit my last round on the Tarans. I was at 64% health. John joined up with me in his Rogatka, equipped with Orkans for close combat. He leaped over the cover we were behind and fired his rockets, the Leo was taking damage, but fired at the piece of cover, and dismantled it, opening a path for me to be shot at. It had been 25 seconds since I jumped, I took my jump ability and went over to fire back, as John and significantly lowered its health. I fired back and blasted away at the iron alloy hull with plasma bullets, blasting away until the hull had collapsed, and the Leo had gone next.

I then turned to see a Spectre in the distance, holding a set of Ballistas aiming at me. I tried jumping, but was shot midair before I could hide behind what was left of cover. I was sent up to the menu screen, choosing my next attempt at a fight, a Persuer.

I then loaded on to the field, and my first move was to head over in the direction of the Trebuchets I heard earlier. I managed to get halfway through the ship before I saw that Tony had already taken it down with his own set of Trebuchets on a Butch. I then turned down to look for my next opponent, a Stalker. I knew I had to go through more effort to win this one.

I decided to use my stealth dash ability and rush the Stalker, but it too has its stealth ready for action. It ran about the corner and waiter for me to get there, that's when it's stealth activated. Using 2 Magnums, it pounded away at my hell and significantly lowered my health, but I struck back 8 seconds later, after it's stealth ran out. I was equipped with 1 Corona and 2 Gusts, I immobilized the Stalker and got in close enough for the Gusts to deal maximum damage! It's hull deteriorated and it went to zero HP.

I turned to find a Lea behind me, with the default setup: 1 Thunder and 3 Pinatas. I activated my stealth dash ability and managed to avoid the rockets as the dashed over and exploded behind me. I fired away at the Leo, at close range. But I was close to a wall. The Leo took advantage of that and fired at the wall, utilizing the splash damage the rockets did to reduce my HP to zero.

I was back at the home menu. I had to think. I decided to finish up this match, (at 1:45 left) with a good 'ol Destrier. A favorite of mine. It was equipped with 1 ECU Shield and 1 Arablast, perfect for dealing with short range enemies.

I walked up the the land bridge and took my aim at the Lea that has walked all the way over to the A point. I was about to discharge the shot when I saw a Kang-de Fury over behind me. I quickly turned around to face my shield to defend, just in time. I took the shot and turned to face the Fury and returned fire, the Fury had no protection, leaving it to constantly take my shots of almost 8,000 damage, until it fell into its demise.

Just then, the round ended. We won, awarded with the Victory screen, I felt proud.
But yet again, I didn't. Cause I had already won without telling them.