Ambushed

"Hey Dakota, where'd you come from?" Steven asked Dakota.

"Well, I was going about my route from GGO to come back home, when I noticed a pretty strong rift enter this timeline, so obviously, I came in to check it out." He replied.

Dakota's attribute is Copy, or the ability to copy the powers of anyone he's met before, a short while ago, or a long while ago. He's a pretty rare fellow. Not very many Copys left around anymore. After the Game of Gladiators, an illegal game that stole people (mostly young people like Steven), and forced them into combat after a spell of forced wisdom was cast on them, was hunted down by me, Collin, those two were recovered. They had worked together to revolt and escape many times, but ultimately failed until I found the arena they were coincidentally both placed in, the last one I raided. But believe it or not, Steven's attribute is even rarer. Star Stuff is a ridiculously powerful attribute, even though it doesn't even get close to matching Elementals like me. They can reduce lipids to hydrogen, or any other element that stars are able to fuse, with the exception of iron, which can actually kill Steven if he tried to fuse it, without knowing what it was.

"You happened to see someone with an attribute of Darkness, haven't you?" I asked him.

"Yes I have, in fact, I saw a Yin-Yang attribute. Even rarer!" He replied.

"Wait, WHAT?!" Steven and I responded.

Yin-Yang attributes are one of a kind. Finding one is like finding Vibranium or Adamantium on the Prima. They are the kind of people to have "split personalities" and I'm not talking about two consciousnesses in one head, I'm talking about a player-like person, making a decision, but changing it. Always unable to make a decision. That's like blood in water, it's easy to spot. They have immense powers: the combination of dark and light, and mastery of every basic element: water, fire, earth, and wind (lightning is not a basic element). They also have the slight potential to overpower or match an elemental's power.

"However, That was two months ago, and I heard the person was brutally murdered in a terrorist attack. So we lost our chance." Dakota said.

"Oh, that's really sad to hear." I replied, "I've tried so hard to find these people, and I've failed to save them." I replied.

Normally, elementals kill these people off since they fear their potential to gain too much power, and ultimately destroy a universe.

Now, I'm sure there's another timeline we could go to to find that person, but reachable timelines are pretty rare themselves. Just the main Marvel Universe itself has only a potential for 1,000 open timelines, which is only a potential, since we have access to 1.

We got up to continue our walk to our job, with Dakota with us. Natsu's group has already split from us, but I was fine already. Especially since Wendy bandaged my arm well enough for me to be slightly functional.

We had to take a dirt trail through a forest, since the other route would have us at the mercy of the cold, and monster attacks.

"Hey, what's that?" Steven asked, looking ahead at a toppled house.

He started running, and I sensed a running wire beneath the ground, and I followed it, I saw a minefield! It wasn't here before! I had been here many times, so these must have been fresh.

He was about to step on one.

"STEVEN!!!" Dakota and I shouted at him.

He looked down and tried to stop, but slipped. I couldn't get to him first, but Dakota rushed up to him, reaching to catch him. But that's when I realized those weren't mines, they were bubble traps.

I tried to call out to Dakota, but it was too late...

Steven fell on a hunch of traps, getting encased in a lavender sphere, seemingly stopping time where he was. Same thing happened to Dakota.

"No, no, no no no no nonononononononononononononono..." I trailed on.

"Ah, is that the 'Steven' my friend used to host?" A voice asked. "An honor it is to return you back to where you belong. Wait, is that? Oh my it is! The great Lightning Element! Oh, how scared I am!" *she was being VERY sarcastic*

"You... I thought you were flung into Sagittarius 27. I should have know if you survived. Who are you really?" I asked.

"Oh, you don't remember? It's ME, Victoria."
She said.

"Victoria? You were the host... the announcer, I could have sworn I saw you in prison."

"Yes that is true, but, people should learn what is and is not a fragment. Even if I lose a part of me, I still remember what I love most."

She lunged at me with a large hammer, similar to the [DATA_REDACTED], my predecessor's weapon.

I summoned the Gamer's Fantasy, and deflected the attack, but she smiled at me.

I saw a ripple come out from the [DATA_REDACTED] and hit me square on in the torso.

I was flung out to a nearby tree and smashed through it.

"Is that the best you can do?" She asked.

"I'll have you know I'm handicapped." I replied.

"Oh? Well, MORE FUN FOR ME."

You just had to say that you dip****
My consciousness told me.

Oh just shut up. I replied.

I took my sprint back at her, this time, catching her leg with my keyblade, pulling her off balance and throwing her to the ground.

I grabbed the [DATA_REDACTED], and it was holographic. I wiped off the fake parts and saw it. This was my predecessor's weapon.

"Where, where did you get this!?"
I was angry and confused.

"Where do you think? I have my workers making nukes every day!" She yelled at me.

"Johnathin..." I started.

He was the previous incarnate of the Lightning Element, he was my role model back when I was exploring my powers, and I learned a lot from him, as he left behind a guide for the next incarnate to improve upon. I was supposed to, but it was burned in an attack by this woman. I was furious. I grabbed the weapon, and was about to slam it down on her, electricity and bolts overflowing from within me as I raged.

Right as I was about to swing, I felt a hand at my shoulder.

"Collin, that's enough." Jay said.