Dreams

"You know, it's been a while." She asked me.

"Yeah, I can't remember when we last saw each other, what's your name again?" I asked.

"You already know, silly Collin!" She replied.

Wait, I don't remember her, I can't control what I'm saying! I don't even know what I'm saying!!!

"Well, it was fun being around you, enjoying the new life here?"

"Not sure, it sure is fun not to swing stuff anymore, but the feeling inside the cockpit was great. Wait, I'm struggling to see you, can you come a little closer?"

"*sigh* You always were pretty blind."

She came up and kissed my cheek. I would have blushed, but I couldn't control what was happening.

"I'm starting to lose you now, don't be aware."

"Aware of what? Is this a dream?" I asked.

At that moment, I regained awareness. I stood up. I grabbed the girl's collar and yanked her up.

"Now that I'm aware, who are you?" I asked.

"I'm..." She faded away.

It got brighter, much brighter, I was waking up.

I jolted up in bed as I regained consciousness suddenly. This wasn't the first time this had happened. Being lucid in a world where everything is really a "dream" is pretty hypnotic. It's hard to come to your senses and understand everything.
I had trained myself for 2 years to be able to turn lucid in a dream to figure stuff out. Sometimes I was able to predict the future, and I was mostly right. Things would go in my manner, but not here apparently.

"Well, lets go do a battle!" Lucy called out.

It was pretty mentally early, so we really didn't care. That meant we unwillingly got ourselves into a battle.

The casual 6v6, fun, fun, fun...

I took out a Bolt, a light dash robot able to dash one time every few seconds. It was great for getting to beacons fast and getting away, but it only held one charge at a time. So our options were limited.

Grace was in a Strider next to me, and she used all her dashes to beat me to the center. But I got there early enough to be able to get credit for the beacon.the enemy team was using slow robots, good for us using faster ones. I was decked out in a 3x Gust armament, whereas Grace was in a Redeemer 2x Magnum setup.

John and Tony were both in Griffins, both being all punisher, perfect for destroying energy shields. Lucy was in her typical missile launcher robot, being a 2x Exodus on a Carnage. We had a random player that day (since Bella wasn't here). They were in a Natasha, with 2x Thunder and 2x Gust, pretty risky there, lots of sneaking to do if you want that setup.

I dashed to the side to go the East beacon, racing a Bulwark to get there. I closed the gap, getting anxious to fight. I was able to see the armament of the Bulwark, 2x Tempest. Pretty cool I would say, I like Tempests, they're fun to use at a distance, but not at 100 meters.

I dashed right up to the energy shield, and I hacked away at it before they switched to their physical shield, I needed their recharge to take as long as possible as I circled around them.

Their Tempests were firing constantly, trying to turn their tower to reach me, but it was hopeless. I was too fast. In my head though, all I heard was this: You're too slow You're too slow You're too slow You're too slow!

It was annoying. I think I had memeorized too many memes, punny, right?

Well they switched to their physical shield. I dashed behind them and got within 30 meters. This guaranteed that all shots would hit the enemy, allowing for maximum DPS.

They ejected from the cockpit, and I took the East beacon.

BOOM

I was hit by 3 Trebuchets! It scared me, but I was back at the menu, choosing a Carnage, 2x Zeus, as my next robot.

I made a charge for the center, as many enemies were already there. I was within 500 meters on the West side, aiming at the Fury that shot me earlier. I was just behind an object, making it hard to land any hits on me. I used my Rush ability and ran for another cover as I locked onto the Fury. I fired my first volley, knocking off a 1/4 of the HP of the Fury. I had my rush for longer, so I ran again since I had 3 seconds left of reload time. I got another hit, this time dealing damage down to 2/5 of the Fury. I almost got the kill, until I noticed this: I heard volleys of mortars. I was doomed. Noricums were scary, easily able to take down energy shields, with the exception of absorption. I then heard screaming as Tony and John both got up to the Noricum robot, and took it down with their Punishers.
I was relieved.
I made another aim at the Trebuchet Fury, and took it down this time! The rest of the team was on me now, so I used my next rush to escape. Sadly, I never made it out. Turns out they were pretty decked out on plasma weapons.

I was at the home menu again. This time however, I chose an Ares, a Greek robot with the ability of absorption! This was great against plasma weapons, and I was decked out with Orkans and Piñatas.

I walked over to the center and fired a warning volley, they started to come towards me. I ran out into the line of Fire, and activated the absorption. They all fired at me like idiots, since the more damage dealt to me, the more my four other plasma guns fire back. The absorption finished after they all ran out of ammo, and a few tried to hide. But it was too late. I fired everything I had, plasma going left and right, missiles exploding, and lots of corpses were on the ground after 10 seconds.

We were rewarded with a victory screen! I apparently had killed off the last of them with the absorption ability. I felt proud for what I did, and for my team too!