Run

Where we were was the world where Collin's teacher, Elena, had died saving his life, but believe it or not, a majority of the damage here was by Collin. He had reached a near elemental form, where he would have released his full potential, but being the element of lightning, he was at a loss. Lightning is basically a whole bunch of electrons, they eventually disperse evenly throughout the ground. That would have happened to Collin if he reached an elemental form; thankfully, he temporarily became an elemental demon, not quite in an elemental form, but not quite human. It's rare to see any elemental reach this state, since it's similar to liquid carbon, it's margin of being in that state is so small, it's nearly impossible to reach.

I grabbed Collin by his shoulder, and I carried him over to a tree that was still alive. He noticed quite quickly.

"NO! Don't take me there!" He sounded pretty desperate to stay away from that place.

*magical transition to Collin from Steven*

You failed to be strong. You're weak. Couldn't even move enough to keep your master from killing herself. You're pathetic.

"No, that's not true, I... I tried to move, nothing would let me."

That's why you're such a failure, look at you! You're an elemental, and you couldn't even get yourself in the line of combat. I garunte you that a non elemental with half your strength would have done better.

*another magical transition to Steven*

I saw him, turmoil in his mind, so depressed over something that wasn't his fault.

I walked up to him.
I grabbed his collar.
I pulled him up to my level.

I slapped him.

"Collin! Snap the hell out of it!" I yelled.

He stared with tearing eyes.

"You were young, you were nine years old. Your actions of fear are completely justified. None of that was your fault, I don't know what the hell is messing with your head right now, but you need to snap the fuck out of that shit now." I firmly said.

Now, normally I keep a very clean mouth, but now, I was just sick of seeing this, even only for five minutes. Being young, I was afraid of everything, even the dark. Collin had already awakened his abilities, so he was constantly having a radar up around him so he would be "safe", he wouldn't be afraid. But in such a war zone, there's no invalid reason to be afraid. A nine year old being afraid during a war is completely fine, normally for the adults, that's a no. But for kids? Why the hell would you expect them to fear nothing?

His tearing stopped.

I felt the ominous feeling that I should drop him. He was starting to shock the air a little bit. He placed his knees on the ground, then one foot.

I dropped him.

"Jay, run." I said.

We both turned an ran for our lives, I looked at him, we would never make it in time!

I focused my dimensional energy, and Jay did the same.

We both said in unison, "Speed Force!"

Instantly the speed force, an energy from The Flash Universe that granted people insane levels of speed, welled within us, but it wouldn't be there forever.

We both pumped out legs and arms, and shot like roaming stars, we were at least at Mach 17 with the added amounts of adrenaline our bodies were producing, and our lung capacities were at a high level, so we had sufficient oxygen.