Chapter 3: John's Short Story

As we entered the field, we felt a great sense of fear and anxiety. Our griffins were ejecting us out, natashas blowing up, and our carnages shutting down. The other team used random weapons, but, at the same time, used tactics to their advantage.

I for one, was really scared. I just couldn't shake the feeling that we were all gonna fail. Cossacks jumping from beacon to beacon, faster than we could kill them. Then, the Natasha's came out. Trebuchets firing and taking us down. The moment we took out long range robots, they took out medium ranged fighters.

We were at a strong disatvantage. They then took us out again and again. When we took out our close range brawlers, they took out powerful Mk2 brawlers. That's what led to our loss. We could only hope our results for the league would end well...

3 days later...

"Ok everyone!" I yelled, "the results are in. Let's find out which league we end up in."

"What are you hoping for Collin?" Lucy asked him.

"If I said, then I would end up jinxing it" he replied.

We saw the terminal scan the data from our battles. Eventually, it told us our league. We made Gold League Tier 3, also known as Gold League 1.

"Huh" Collin said, "that's exactly what I predicted."

"OMG Collin!" Grace said, "you really do have a superpower! Just as I had guessed!"

"And what makes you say that Grace?" I asked her.

"Well, he does have this 'kind' of personality that does match one that relates to people with powers." Lucy said.

"I'm not admitting anything at all" Collin replied.

I started to laugh at the crazy conversation. Then I asked, "Wait. Where's Tony? Come to think of it, I haven't seen him all day."

Lucy replied, "He's still in bed. Did a whole lot of math and thinking yesterday."

"Guys!!" We heard Tony yell, " I figured it out!"

"What?" Collin asked.

"You are all not going to believe this. I figured out the reason why multiple players were AFK for those few times and why we all saw each other on the ground limp!"

"So why did that happen?" I asked Tony.

"The reason why all those players were afk, was because we were being moved into hospitals!" Tony said to us.

"And why did they do that?" I asked him.

"Consider this. The human body can last roughly around three days without water. The human body can survive only 10 days without food. They moved us into hospitals to try to prevent us from dying." Tony replied to my question.

"That's kind of frightening" Lucy said.
"Yeah, no kidding." Grace said right afterwards.

"Well, that means we have to try even harder to get up to the Master League." Collin replied to the conversation.

"True true." I said aloud.

"So, what's next on the game plan Collin?" Tony asked, "we really don't have very many options considering time."

"I say we keep on battling." I suggested.

And they did so. We went on for quite some time. Won about 85% of the battles we went through. A lot and I mean ALOT of updates were released. The new weapons, robots, and best of all, the price changes. Nobody knew why there were updates, but nobody tried to find out.

Some longer time after the Raven update, I walked into our group kitchen and saw Collin asleep, but Grace was kissing him. Of course I would obviously squeal and run. But Grace ran after me.

"JOHN!!!!!" She yelled at me.
I ran out into the courtyard, hit a tree, managed to get a concussion (surprisingly in a game), and got caught.
"*ahem. John" Grace said as I came to, "we need to talk."

" I didn't see what happened Grace!" I immediately blurted.
"Then explain the squeal."
I was speechless. I fainted.
Later that in game day, I woke up in my room. Everything seemed normal, except for the note on my visor.
It read "I'm going to kill you when we get out of this game. - Grace"