// The Purge

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
I will not die today, baby.
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
Word Count: 954

Another one stolen from my other book yo, it's s'kay.

Tyler locked all of the doors with a secure security system. He loaded plenty of guns, in case someone did decide to stop by and break in. We sat down in the cellar, and watched the TV light up a blue color. I took an unsteady breath and held onto my gun tightly. This would be our last Annual Purge, if at least 30 people died in our city. "Baby, are you okay?" Tyler asked, rubbing circles with his hand on my back.

"I'm nervous, that they'll kill less just to make sure the Purge stays," my breath hitched. "I don't want to die, but neither do I want this to keep going onto further generations."

"Welcome to the Annual Purge, an event where you can commit illegal crimes up to twelve hours. Enjoy your time, and try to stay alive."

Tyler shut all of the lights off and we silently hid in the cellar. We could hear gunshots and many people talking to each other. I could hear people banging on our doors to let them in, but Tyler thought they could be a trap, or more or less, human bait. Ryland barked and whined for a few seconds. "Ry, shh," I put my shaky hand on her and pet her as she calmed down and snuggled me. Chain saws began, and I could hear the screams of women and screams of small children who witnessed it. "Ty, I'm scared."

"I know baby," he said, pulling me closer to him. "You'll be okay though, I'm here, shh."

We got a phone call. "Hey dude, it's Josh, we um, we need to get inside," Josh stated. "I don't think I can stomach seeing kids like this bro, nor their mothers mangled like that."

"Josh, is Mike and Debby with you?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah, please hurry."

"I'll be up there in a minute, (Y/N) sweetheart, stay right here," Tyler kissed my forehead and went up from the cellar.

I watched the screen that read that there were only seven hours left, seven, long, hours, of pure torture. I waited for my fiancé to come back down with our friends. And he did. "Hey (Y/N)," Mike spoke, taking a seat next to me. Their outfits were splattered with blood, and they smelled horrendous.

"Shit," Tyler said. "I've got to go back up and lock that door," he went back.

"I'll take Tyler's place if he passes," Mike said.

"It's not the time to be joking right now Micheal," I said, grabbing onto my knees. "I don't know what I would do without him."

We heard a gunshot from inside the house. "(Y/N), stay here," Josh spoke and went up. "Holy fuck, Tyler!" He dropped the door and I could hear him running. "Dude, I thought you got shot!" I could hear Josh shout.

"I had to do what I had to do Josh, he was coming for the hatch and I didn't want him to hurt you guys."

"Are there more in here?"

"At least three more.."

I panicked. "We have to help them," I began. "We have to, there are more of us then them."

"I'll go, you two stay here," Mike started to go up, but I beat him to it.

"I'm going whether they like it or not," I said, climbing up. A man was already there, smiling at me with a mask. "Motherfucker," I spoke under my shaky breath and pulled back the trigger on the 22 my dad had bought me, causing the man to fall back and hold his stomach and gasp for breath.

I could barely breath myself, almost gagging at the sight in front of me. Another shot was put into the man by Josh as his wide eyes looked at me. "We told you to stay in there dammit!"

"If we all go, that's five against three!" I spoke. "We can help," I said. There was another shot, and then another. Tyler came around the corner, holding onto his shoulder. "Ty!" I rushed over to him. I took off my top shirt and it left me in a tank top and bra. I tied it around his wound, making sure it was tightly secured. "Oh please, please, please," I wrapped my arms around him and he hugged me back.

"Don't worry, I'm fine," he spoke. "I will not die today baby," he grabbed my chin and pulled me towards him, brushing his soft lips onto mine. "But please, go back."

"No," I spoke. "If you protect me, I protect you."

"(Y/N).." He averted his eyes. "Please go back." I didn't budge. "(Y/N) please!"

"No!" I wiped my tears. "Till death to us part."

A small smile emerged onto his face. His lips landed on mine again and Josh's gun was shot a couple of more times. "Okay lovebirds, we can go back."

The screen read that there was only one hour left, but only 29 people had been killed. "Come on," I cried.

Then there it was, the 30th kill. I got a call from Tyler's parents. "Hey, you must be okay? We heard you had your Purge tonight?"

"Yeah, we're all okay," I smiled. "And there will be no more Purges from now on, thankfully."

His mom laughed. "I'm glad you all are okay, we miss you guys."

"We miss you too."

"How would you all like to hang out later and celebrate? We're going to town after all that business is done."

"That..."

"Sounds good," Tyler hung up the phone and brought me closer to him. "I love you (Y/N)."

I smiled. "I love you too Ty."

Now will be updating every Monday and Saturday unless busy.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆