//Stars

I'm setting this one back a little ways (like eighties because I can write better that way for this oml yes).

"Gosh darn TV," I smacked the side of the TV after fixing the antennas. "Work already!"

"Um, (Y/N), what are you doing?" Tyler asked.

"Mom said that my cooking show was supposed to be on, but I clearly can't watch it now," and after I said that, the TV worked. "Oh, stand there Ty."

"(Y/N), what are you doing tonight?" Tyler asked, walking away from the spot.

I dropped my hands on my lap. "Well, nothing now, why?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight, watch a movie or something," he smiled. "Unregular of me, I know."

"Ty, I'll go," I replied.

"And I really wanted to do something special for you as well."

"Okay?" I smiled, lifting a brow.

"Where's your mom at?" My dad walked into the house. "I have to give her the keys to the car," he sighed.

"Tyler and I plan on staying here, mom can drive my car if she'd like," I smiled. If anything, we'd be walking to Tyler's house, like usual. "And later, could you possibly try fixing the TV? It won't pick up any signal and I don't feel like watching the one mom watches in the kitchen," I crossed my arms.

"I sure can," my dad chuckled. "You two go have fun, I'll get started on that right now so I don't fall asleep by the time you and your mom come home."

"What's mom doing?" I asked.

"She was called in I guess, she called the telephone at my desk. Someone got sick or something so she's covering their shift."

"That's why she was on the phone so long with Mr. Philips. She was arguing saying that she was busy, but must have pushed her into the job anyways."

"Well because of this, she gets tomorrow off. You know, since she gets up early and leaves and comes home at eight when I get ready to leave."

"Where does your mom work?" Tyler asked.

"The twenty four hour diner in town, she works from four to eight, cooking, cleaning, and working cash register. Yes, she gets help. So then she comes home when dad gets up and then he goes to work and mom sleeps in a little longer."

"So tomorrow, when you hear her get up, make her a very good breakfast like you do me."

"Um, dad, I do make you both breakfast. But I'll make it even better tomorrow!"

Tyler chuckled. "My sister does the same for my parents."

"Tyler, I'm glad she does, you can't even bake a cake by yourself."

"I'm slightly taken aback by that."

"How about, you burn water."

"How, that can't happen! Can it?"

"It's a metaphor for, you can't cook."

Tyler huffed.

The day started to grow darker, and dad slept in his recliner as Tyler and I got back from the café. "The roof," Tyler said softly.

"What?"

"The roof."

"Why the roof?" I asked.

"You'll see."

Tyler and I climbed outside my window and took a seat on the front porches roof. "Okay, so tell me now."

"Look," he pointed up,  laying down on his back. "Aren't they-"

"Beautiful."

"Yeah, beautiful." I looked over to Tyler. "Just like you."

"Ty, you don't have to say that."

He propped his head up with his arm. "But I wanted to, because I think it's absolutely true."

I snickered it off. "You're saying thaaat because you're parents like me."

"But I like you."

"Ty, I," he interrupted me. His lips pecked mine for a few seconds, which felt like hours. "Have a good rest of your night Ty. Say hi to your mom for me," I smiled. "I'll see you later."

(This sucked since I have barely written any of it since November)