// The Treehouse

♡◇♡◇♡◇♡
I'm terrified to lose you
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
Word Count: 800

Tyler held my hand as we went to my grandma's visitation. His family was really close to my grandma. My grandpa walked out and took a seat next to us. He held Tyler's hand and told him it would be okay. "Tyler, because you're close to my family, and especially my granddaughter, you will always have a piece of Elaine in you heart. I miss her as much as you do. Son, I hope you stay close to my family, okay?"

Tyler rubbed his eyes, "yes sir...yes sir."

My grandfather walked away and sat next to my Aunt and Uncle with their newborn child. "Tyler," I leaned on his shoulder. "It'll be okay, Grandpa is always right. I just hope he doesn't get too stressed because of the loss of grandma."

"I'm going to love you forever (Y/N)," Tyler announced. "As long as you'll love me back."

I smiled. "Thank you Ty."

Tyler's mom and dad got up on the podium and you could see their tear stained cheeks. "Elaine (L/N) was our whole family's best friend, all thanks to my son's girlfriend (Y/N). She introduced us. She asked her grandma if we could come over for a new years party, and ever since, we've been best friends. This was, of course, when both my son Tyler, and (Y/N) were five years old, and not going out. I love how we have this 'second family' and I have to thank Elaine for introducing us into more of the family and having us around and doing stuff. We plan on doing more stuff with the family too."

More was said from Tyler's mom and dad, and more of my family stood up and said something about my grandma.

The next day, we had the funeral.

Tyler and I stood silently as they put my grandmother's casket into the ground. It was truly heartbreaking.

Tyler carved the word T-E-R-R-I-F-I-E-D into the tree of the treehouse. He then carved out names in a heart.

"Why terrified?" I asked.

"I'm terrified to lose you," he managed to get the words out of his system. "I'm terrified that you will someday leave me."

He sat there for a few minutes. "Tyler, I'm always going to be here," I smiled at him.

I walked down the sidewalk on a cold spring day. Tyler and I hadn't talked in a few days and I wondered what was going on. "Hello (Y/N)," Tyler's mom welcomed me into their home. "Tyler just left for the treehouse if you want to go and see him."

"Does Tyler seem well?" I asked. 

"Yes?" she looked at me. "He said some things about Elaine a few days ago, but he's said nothing saddening," she shook her head.

I smiled. He's always thinking of my grandma.

I walked outside with my coat on. I could hear the grass crunch under my feet as I walked not too far into the woods. I climbed up the tree by the ladder. "Tyler!" I called.

I heard someone fall and then start laughing. "Oh god, you scared me!"

"Tyler! I've been worried sick about you," I crawled onto the floor next to him and rolled onto my back as he was. I looked up to the ceiling that was now covered in pictures of both Tyler and I. "Ty.."

"You're grandma always told me to 'take a picture, it will last longer'," he paused. "Of course that's when I was looking at all the baked cookies on the counter." He took a deep breath and turned his head to lightly kiss me on the cheek. "And I stare at you all the time."

"You even hung up lights to  contrast everything," I pointed. 

"I also got you something," he got up and ran over to his school bag. He reached in and got a small box. "No, I'm not asking to marry you, that's after high school; however, I did get us promise rings," he chuckled. "You know, because I love you."

"I love you too, Ty."

I hugged him.

I grabbed the teddy bear from my next to pillow and cuddled it and Tyler as we watched a movie in my bedroom. "Oooo, he's gonna get her," Tyler started to joke.

"Shut up Tyler," I covered my face with the blanket. 

His arms wrapped around me and he chuckled. "It's okay."

"Quit treating me like a baby," I pouted.

"Do you want to go to the treehouse tomorrow?" Tyler asked. "I mean, we might be twenty-one now, but," he averted his eyes.

I pecked his lips. "Of course."

Okay, this was something quick because you know, its been five days and I'm friggin' busy with school.

♡◇♡◇♡◇♡