Chapter 7~ Two Months Later

It's been 2 months since the accident and I've been slowly getting through life. Living without Beca is hard, she was always the one that lit up my life. She was the reason I would wake up in the morning and now that she's not here, it's been hard. I've missed some of my classes because I don't see the point of getting out of bed unless it's to go see her at the hospital.

I've visited her everyday that is available and to the normal eye she looks ten times better. Most of the cuts and bruises have disappeared and a few of her bones have healed. According to the educated eye though, she really hasn't gotten better or worse, she's pretty much stayed neutral.

Dr. Stevens keeps us updated on her medical examinations. He said that her brain damage is slowly starting to heal but it's not raising her life expectancy. He still expects her to die and I think everyone has given up hope as well with the exception of me. In fact, last month Dr. Stevens was going to pull the plug on Beca but I fought for her...alone. I'm not saying nobody else loves her but they've all given up hope. I used the old 'guilty but loving boyfriend' card to persuade Dr. Stevens into giving her at least one more month.

                  ~

I'm at the Treble house leading the guys in some vocal warm ups when I hear my phone go off. I motion for the guys to continue as I answer it.

"Hello." I said as I put my finger in my other ear to try and block out some of the sound.

"Is this Jesse Swanson?" I heard a woman's voice.

"Yes and this is....?"

"I'm Sarah with the Hospital of Atlanta (A/N Idk the hospital in Atlanta's real name so I made this one up) I was told to inform you that a Beca Mitchell has woken up b-"

I didn't care what else she had to say as I cut her off and quickly said, "I'm on my way." then hung up.

The guys had stopped singing and gave me weird looks.

"Beca' s awake." I said then rushed for the door. I told them that Benji was in charge as I slammed the door then jumped into my new SUV.

                ~

"Where is she? Where's Beca?" I asked as I ran into the hospital, out of breath.

"Jesse." I heard Dr. Stevens and my head quickly snapped toward him. "This way." He said then gestured down the hall. "This is truly a miracle, I never would've predicted she'd wake up."

"God works in mysterious ways."

"And sometimes that's a problem." He said as we stopped in front of a door that I'm assuming leads to the room Beca has been moved to.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I fear the worst has happened." I just gave him a blank look.

"Did the nurse not tell you over the phone?" I shook my head and he sighed before speaking. "Beca has memory loss."

It felt like my heart had dropped to my stomach. I was really hoping this wouldn't happen, Beca forgetting about herself and us is the worst possible scenario that I could play in my head.

"How do you know? I mean, how can you tell for sure?" I asked.

"We ran some tests."

"How far does it go back?"

"We don't know, the tests don't reveal that. This is where we need her loved ones. You have to ask her questions about her life and see what she remembers. Poke around in her brain but be subtle about it, she doesn't remember what happened and that's not uncommon among coma victims." He looked at me for a moment before continuing. "Jesse, she needs you the most. If she doesn't remember your love and it's as real as you say it is, that just might be the memory she needs to trigger the rest of them. Don't give up on her, if you want the Beca you used to know you have to make her remember."

It was quiet for a moment.

"Do you think you can do this, Jesse?" I thought for a moment longer then nodded at him. He turned the doorknob, "Good luck." He said then pushed the door open.

I immediately saw a very conscious Beca sitting Indian style on the bed. She had her head in her hands and looked frustrated, I'd be frustrated too if I lost my memories.

"Bec?" I said softly as the door closed behind me. She slowly looked up at me, confusion written all over her face.

"Jesse?" She said almost questioningly. She remembered my name, that's good. Now does she remember us? Time to find out.

I didn't say anything, I just quickly wrapped her in my arms. She was shocked but she gave in and wrapped her arms around me lightly, she's never been one for hugging. I pulled away and looked into her eyes, slowly inching closer.

----------------------------------

Beca' P.O.V. soon!! I'm happy I get to write in some one besides Jesse's P.O.V. Hope you enjoyed.