Chapter 13 ~ You Again

*Beca’s P.O.V.*

“Blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah.” Is the only thing I can hear coming from the professor’s mouth.  I don’t care about school right now, I have more important things on my mind. For instance, my date tonight with Jesse, he wants this to be perfect. I haven’t been on a date since high school and honestly, I’m quite nervous.

 I was pulled from my thoughts when the professor yelled my name.

“Miss Mitchell, please wake up. You are drooling all over my desk.” The class snickered a little, immature dweebs.

“Right, sorry. You have my full attention, please proceed.” I said, careful not to let the professor catch the hint of sarcasm that quietly traced my voice.

“Thank you. Now, as I was saying……”

~~

“Beca!!” I awoke from my nap to Fat Amy yelling at me. As my senses slowly came back to me I could make out the sound of my alarm clock. “How the h*ll can you sleep through that?’ she asked as I hit the dismiss button.

“I don’t know.”

“I mean, I know your brain is a little messed up right now but I didn’t think it was that messed up.” I rolled my eyes as I checked the time.

“Sh*it!!!” I yelled as I jumped out of my bed throwing my headphones across the room.

“Geez, Bec. Calm down.” Amy said when my headphones landed in her lap.

“Sorry but I’m late.” I said as I grabbed my jacket and ran out of the room.

~~

I’m running out of breath as I weave through the hallways trying to reach the quad before I’m too late. I had just turned the corner, to the hallway that leads to the quad, when I felt a very firm chest hit me, sending me stumbling backwards.

“Sh*t.” I said as I tried to catch my balance. Suddenly, a hand wrapped around my wrist and my face hit that chest again as I was pulled back onto my feet.

“I’m so sorry, texting and walking isn't a skill of mine.” That voice sounded familiar but I just couldn't match a face to it. “Wait, Beca? Beca Mitchell?”

I looked up to a pair of beautiful blue eyes that I thought I would never see again.

“It’s Chad, Chad McCormick.”

“Right, Chad McCormick, the reason I stopped dating.” I said as I glanced down at his hand that was still wrapped around my wrist.

“Right, I’m really sorry about that.”

“Your apology is three years overdue.”

“Sorry.” He apologized again.

He stared into my eyes for a moment until I started to feel weird. I looked away from him and pulled my arm loose.

“So, I heard about your um, situation.” He started conversation when he caught the awkward drift.

“You mean my memory loss? Yeah, it’s a pain in m a*s. Look, it’s nice to see you again and all but I have a date to attend to.”

“Oh, you’re seeing someone.” He said almost questioningly.

“Sort of.”

“Is it that Jesse guy from the accident?”

“Yes but it won’t last much longer if I don’t get down there in the next three minutes.” I said trying to politely hurry him off.

“Before you go, wanna get lunch tomorrow?” I just looked at him. I just told him I’m seeing someone and now he’s asking me out on a date? “I mean to catch up. Not on a date or anything because that would be cheating.”