Chapter 17~ Mixed Signals

*Beca's P.O.V.*

After stopping at Jesse's dorm so he could grab some things that he insisted on getting, we finally made it to my dorm. It's been a long night and I just want to relax.

As soon as I hear the lock click I shove the door open and grab my pj's, tossing my keys onto my bed.

"I'm gonna go change, I suggest you do the same." I told Jesse then headed to the restroom.

When I came back I see Jesse had changed into his night clothes and he was sitting at my desk doing something with his phone. I reach across him for my laptop then toss it on my bed. I grab my brush and hair tie then throw my hair into a quick bun before getting comfortable on my bed.

"What are you doing?" he asked as he positioned himself beside me, looking at my laptop as I tapped the keys.

"Homework."

"I'm sorry, did I hear you right? Did you just say that you, Beca Mitchell, are doing homework?" he asked jokingly.

"Shut up." I said with a small smile on my face as I continued to type. Jesse leaned closer and read over my shoulder.

"This is very boring."

"Well it is a biographical essay about Stephen Hawkings and how he has impacted the world."

"Seriously, these essay assignments get stupider every time they're assigned. Everybody impacts the world in their own way but you don't see me writing about them."

"Really?" he gives me a little nod. "So tell me, how do you impact the world?"

"I love to sing." He explained.

"Sure."

"And my voice is so good that it can soothe someone suffering from cerebral palsy." I couldn't hold back the laugh.

"Yes because your voice is so gorgeous. It just draws me in with all of the sexiness. I mean it's literally taking all I have not to take you right here, right now." I said, being a smart a*s.

"I'd be ok with that." I laughed again as I nudged him away from me. He continued to chuckle as he went back to whatever he was doing on his phone.

*Minutes Later*

A few minutes later I had my essay typed, printed, and ready to be turned in. It was late so I decided it was time to go to bed. I replaced my laptop on my desk, plugging the charger into it, and grabbed the spare blanket and pillows from my closet.

"I'm gonna go to bed now. Here are some extra pillows and stuff." Jesse turns off his phone, places it on my desk, and, with a warm smile, he stands up and grabs the bed clothes from my hands.

"Thanks." he spreads them across the floor then crawls underneath the blanket. I flick the lights off and crawl underneath my own blankets.

I try to fall asleep but Jesse's presence alone makes it almost impossible. I don't know why, though. I feel comfortable with him here but I also feel weird and kind of suck a*s because he's sleeping on the floor and I have this weird longing for him to be closer to me. Looks like a no sleep kind of night for ol' Mitchell.

Trying to get comfortable, I roll over onto my stomach and let my hand dangle over the edge a little bit. Big mistake. I feel Jesse's fingers lightly brush over my fingertips sending little fire crackers igniting through my fingers. Then, he gently slides his fingers between mine, intertwining our hands and full fledged fireworks shoot through my hand.