Chapter 8~ Where Am I?

*Beca's P.O.V.*

Where am I? It's too quiet to be the university. Why does mouth feel so weird? It's like I haven't had anything in it in forever. Why do I feel so weak? I've never felt weak.

There are so many questions running through my head as I slowly awoke. When my eyes adjusted to the light I slowly began to sit up when a piercing pain ripped through my chest. I let out a groan of pain as I fell back onto the bed. I waited for the pain to dissapppear before I began pulling myself up again, more carefully this time.

When I was propped up against my pillow I got a look at my surroundings. It was a plain room with a chair and a bunch of medical equpiment beside the bed, I'm obviously in a hospital room. I looked down at my body to see that I'm in one of those hideous hospital gowns and I have lots of medical equipment attached to me through needles and suction cup things. What the h*ll happened? Suddenly, the door opened and I jerked sending that piercing pain through my chest again.

"Hello Beca." a lady in a nurse's outfit said as she walked toward the medical equipment sitting beside me. About halfway to the equipment she stopped in her tracks and gave me a look of astonishment. "Beca." she repeated my name, "You're awake." 

"Uh, yeah. Am I not supposed to be?" I asked showing my confusion. Instead of answering she just ran out of the room. Seconds later she came back with an older looking man that I assumed was a doctor.

"I told you." the nurse said as she gestured toward me.

"Oh my God." the doctor said seeming as astonished as the nurse. "I can't believe this. How do you feel, Beca?"

"Fine, I guess." I aswered still feeling confused. "I have a weird pain in my chest though."

"This is a miracle." the doctor said obviously ignoring my answer.

"Can someone please tell me what's going here?!" I partially yelled grabbing the doctor's attention.

"Oh, right. Beca, you are in the hospital." I gave him a 'duh' look before speaking.

"Do they give those Ph. D's to just anyone these days? I know I'm in a hospital, any half-brained dimwit can see that. Can you tell me why I'm in here?" I replied sounding pretty snippy with the frustration building up.

"You don't remember?"

"Yes doc, I remember everything, I'm asking you just for the h*ll of it." I said sounding more sarcastic than I inteneded. The doctor just shook his head at me as he scribbled something into his stack of papers. After calming down a little I asked, "Why do you seem so surprised?" 

"You have been in a coma, Miss Mitchell." the doctor said as he began checking my vital signs. I was taken back by his response and it rendered me speechless.

"W-what happened?" I asked when I gained control over my tongue again. The doctor finished all of his little tests before he answered my question. He put his stethoscope back around his neck and looked at me as he spoke.

"You will have to wait for Jesse to answer your non-medical related questions. Now your vitals signs seem ok, you're breathing correctly and your heart is in a normal pattern. Your brain was slowly healing while you were asleep and now that you're awake it will most likely heal slower. There's a few things I still have to get figured out but you will be released soon." he explained then headed for the door.

"Wait, why do I have to wait for Jesse?" I asked but the doctor didn't answer me. He just walked out of the room leaving me all by my lonesome. I let out  sigh of frustration then dropped my head into my hands. As I repeatedly raked my hands through my hair I could feel scars that never used to be there. Whatever put me in that coma doesn't seem to have been just a little thing.

Suddenly, the door opened again but I didn't move until I heard that familiar voice that sends shivers down my spine everytime I hear it.

"Bec."

I looked up at the guy whom the voice belongs to.

"Jesse." I said surprised to him here even though the doctor said he'd be coming, I didn't think he would actually come.

Next thing I know, Jesse has me wrapped tightly but gently in his arms. I'm not much of one for hugging but when I realized this wouldn't be just a quick 'nice-to-see-you' hug I gave in and lighlty place my hands on his back. When he let go of me he looked into my eyes and I could see him slowly start to inch his head torward mine.

"What the h*ll are you doing?" 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Took me what seemed like decades to write this. I know it's not very long but I got to leave some stuff to write about in my next chapter. I'm trying to make the next chapter longer but I don't know if it will be much longer. This is kind of hard to write about. Anyway, hope you enjoyed and the next chapter will be up soon............I hope.