Chapter 29~ Wake Up?

I'm not fond of this chapter, at all. I'm trying to end this book with an amazing ending but, to tell you the truth, I'm bummed that it's coming to a close. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!!!

Chapter 29~ Wake Up?

*Author's P.O.V.*

"I think we have a pulse!" Dr. Stevens yelled. Outside, Jesse perked up as he recognized the voice.

"That's Dr. Stevens' voice." Jesse said with a little smile. Just then, a nurse came rushing out of Beca's room.

"You're the Mitchell family?" he asked, stopping in front of Beca's loved ones. Jesse wiped the tears away as he stood up.

"Yes, that's us." he answered.

"Thank God. Don't leave, we think Beca actually has a chance of pulling through this."

"How? I thought, with her brain, and the memories." Jesse couldn't seem to form a sentence.

"It seems she's stronger than we thought. Her brain keeps becoming stronger. We don't know how or why, but she's fighting death and it looks like she's winning." everyone let off a little laugh as relief filled their bodies. "I'm sorry, but I gotta get back." the nurse said then ran back to the room.

Jesse and his friends returned to the waiting room, hopeful for Beca's second chance. Stacie held Jesse's hand, occasionally squeezing it for reassurance, as his mom held him in her arms. Nobody wants this second chance for her more than Jesse does, I can't say that even her dad knows what Jesse's going through.

~Moments Later~

Jesse and the rest have been waiting for what seems like hours before finally, Dr. Stevens approaches them, baring news.

"We were able to revive her but it took a lot from her, she's resting now. You may go visit but don't wake her, she needs the sleep."

The group of people quickly but quietly piled into Beca's room. Jesse lacked behind to talk to the doctor. Not only has he saved him but he also saved the woman he loved, twice.

"Dr. Stevens, can I talk to you?" Jesse asked as the doctor grabbed the next patient's file. He nodded and led Jesse to an empty bench.

"I wanna thank you."

"You don't have to thank me, I'm just doing my job."

"No, I do. You saved the woman I love, twice. To me, you're more than a doctor. You're my friend."

"Jesse, as a doctor I've seen lots of people lose their loved ones. With you, I couldn't let that happen. I lost my wife to a wreck a few years ago and I couldn't let it happen again. You two are young, you still have your lives, the opportunity to make miracles, I couldn't let you lose it. I dedicated myself to your case, soaking up every piece of knowledge about these situations. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you've become a friend to me as well. Thank you." Jesse hugged him before heading to Beca's room.

*Beca's P.O.V.*

I know I should be sleeping but who needs sleep when you have Jesse? I've just been brought back from the dead, I want my boyfriend.

Everyone began to walk into my room and hug me. I quickly hugged them all while keeping my eyes locked on the door for Jesse. After everyone had been hugged they all talked.

"I'd hate to break up your conversation but, where's Jesse?" I asked.

"He was just be- oh, there he is." Stacie said as Jesse appeared in the doorway.

"Hey beautiful." Jesse said with a smile.

"Jesse." I said, jumping out of the bed and running to him. He caught me as I jumped into his arms and connected my lips to his. It felt like explosives igniting inside of me. The love I had for him from before had been combined with the redeveloped love and it felt amazing!

"You seem happy to see me." he said after separating our lips.

"Ecstatic." I said, hoping he'd reconnect his lips with mine.

"You want me to kiss you again?"

"Desperately." he chuckled as he pressed his tongue passed my lips and slowly moved his lips in sync with mine.

"Ok guys. We're all glad you have been reunited but we don't want to see you reconnect." Stacie broke us up.

I groaned as Jesse pulled away and slowly set me down. We rejoined the group but ignored them as we cuddled on the bed. Sitting cross legged over Jesse's crossed legs with our foreheads pressed together, we tuned everyone out and had our own conversation.

"Hey Beca." my dad interjected. I rolled my eyes out of annoyance as I looked at him. "You know you can wake up now."

"He's right, Bec." My confusion increased as my boyfriend agreed with my dad. Do they have some weird joke or understanding that I don't know about.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"It's time to wake up." Jesse said.

What the f*ck?!

------------------------------

What? Wake up? What do they mean?

._.  

,  , 

For those of you who commented on this book and didn't get a reply, I read your comment and thank you for your compliments. I try to reply to comments but sometimes it escapes me. If you wish to talk you can always pm me!!

Thank you!!! Hope you all enjoyed!!!! And remember;

Y'all just keep being y'all!!!!