Chapter 23~ Going Away?

*Jesse's P.O.V.*

I take a breath and get ready to knock. Right as my knuckles are just about to connect with the door, my phone goes off. I'm shocked to see a message from Amy that read: (A=Amy J= Jesse)

A-throwin a goin away par-tay! go 2 bar w/ Beca!

J-what happened 2 bein mad?

A-eh, she's wanted this 4 a while & as her friend i respect that & want her 2 b happy

She's right. This is Beca's dream, I should honor her decision. Besides, she only stayed in college for the Bellas and me. Now that she doesn't quite remember us there isn't really anything keeping her here. I replied a quick 'ok' to Amy before shoving my phone in my pocket and knocking on Beca's door. A few things shuffled around then the door cracked opened to reveal Beca. Without a word, she pushed the door completely open as a silent invitation. I stepped inside to see a couple of boxes with some of her things neatly stacked inside and a few articles of her clothing were slung around the room as the others were folded and placed inside an open suitcase on her bed.

"So you're really going." I stated but it sounded more like a question.

"Good observation skills." she said as she placed a neatly folded shirt in the suitcase. "Did you come here for a reason?" she asked, folding her arms and looking at me.

I thought before speaking. I don't know what I should tell her. Should I tell her to stay with me or go live her dreams? If she stays with me, she'll be hurt but if she leaves, I'll be hurt. Either way, it's a lose/lose situation for me.

"Uh, yeah. Um, the girls are throwing a little going away party in your honor. My job is to get you down there." Doing the right thing sucks.

"Ugh. Ok, let's get this over with." she grabbed her phone and left the room.

I caught up to her and we walked in complete silence. We avoided any and every form of communication possible.

Here goes a night if heartbroken happiness.

*Beca's P.O.V.* 

I can't believe it's gotten this far. I thought that by now I'd have my memory back and I'd go back to being whoever I was before but, I thought wrong. When Jesse came to get me for the party I tried to read his expressions to get a clue as to what he's feeling about all of this but his face was completely blank. Not an expression to be read. We're now walking to the bar together in complete silence. I want so badly to just say something or joke or something but I can't seem to find the right words.

"Beca!" Stacie greets me with a ear splitting shriek when Jesse and I enter the bar. She wrapped her arms around my neck and the stench of alcohol burns my nostrils.

"Your breath reaks of alcohol."  I said using my hand to try to block her breath from hitting face with very little success.

"Sorry, I'm a little tipsy." she said, slurring her words a little.

"So I see, you're slurring your words."

"No I'm not, I'm speaking cursive. Come on, you're getting at least this drunk tonight." before I could decline she dragged me over to the bar where the rest of the drunken Bellas were sitting. They are all drunk with the exception of Chloe.

Dear God, please help me.

"Here you go." Chloe pulled me from my thoughts as she handed me a beer and dropped beside me on the couch.