Chapter 22~ L.A. City of Broken Hearts

*Jesse's P.O.V.*

L.A.? L.A.? She's moving to L.A.? She can't go, it will kill me. I can't lose her, not like this, not at all. But, I have to because  I believe in individuality and, as an individual, she has made her choice. I can't stop her. I have to let her do this no matter how many pieces my heart is ripped into.

I watch her beautiful figure as she walks away from us. My heart breaks with every step she takes until it's nothing but tiny specks of dust floating around in my chest cavity. It's over. It's really over. I hear Chad sigh then, through the corner of my eye, I see him walk in the opposite direction. I want to disappear into my dorm and cry into my pillow but I can't find the strength to move. It's like my brain has lost all control of my body and my shattering heart has taken its place as boss. I drop to my knees and immediately begin sobbing into my hands right there in the quad for absolutely everyone to see.

"Jesse." I hear Stacie say name sympathetically.

I felt her hand on my shoulder as she slowly lowered herself to her knees beside me. When she was level with me I collapsed into her arms. She comforted me as I cried.

"I saw everything. You have no idea how sorry I am." It sounded like she wanted to cry herself. "I was stupid and didn't realize he was referring to Beca at the time. If I would've, I never would have given him the advice, you know that. I love you, Jess. You're one of my best friends."

"I know, Stace. It's ok." I assured her as I sniffed away a few tears only for them to come pouring out again as she stroked my head like Beca used to do.

"I've got nothing. She is my life and she's leaving, taking my heart and soul with her."

*Stacie' s P.O.V.*

I was walking out of class when I saw Beca, Jesse, and Chad talking. I got close enough to listen in without them seeing me. When Beca said she was moving to L.A. I'm pretty sure I saw Jesse's heart fall out of his chest. This is all my fault. I gave Chad the advice without even realizing that he's referring to Beca and he used it. I just ruined the one thing that Jesse's future depended on. I'm glad he's not angry with me but it's killing me seeing him so broken. He's my best friend and I let him down.

"I've got nothing. She is my life and she's leaving, taking my heart and soul with her."

That broke my heart even more because I know it's true. I just held him tighter as I pushed aside my feelings to be there for him. He slowly started to calm down just as Donald approached us.

"What's wrong?" he mouthed.

"Beca's leaving." I mouthed back. He gave me a nod then knelt down beside Jesse.

"Hey man. I know you're pretty heart broken right now but Stacie and I kind of have a date." I smacked his arm. "What?"

"Don't be inconsiderate. Jesse's hurt and it's my fault. I'll stay with him as long as he feels that he needs me." I said.

"No, it's ok. Don't miss your date because of me. Someone deserves to be happy and it's obviously not me, so go. I'll be fine." Jesse said, letting go of me.

"Are you sure?"

"No, I actually feel like I'm literally dying and it's only going to get worse before it gets better. Don't worry about me though, I have other friends. Please, go on your date."

I gave him another quick hug then pecked him on the cheek before standing up. I intertwined my hand with Donald' s and, with one last look at Jesse, we left.

I hope he will be ok.

*Jesse's P.O.V.*

I watch as Stacie and Donald walk away. They laugh and kiss and it's just so...disgusting. I mean, it's cute but it makes me sick to my stomach. It's so unfair that they get to have a beautiful and normal relationship while I'm over here having to watch them soak in their happiness, knowing that I may never get to do that with the girl I love again. It hurts me to think that but it kills me to know that it's true. I need time to think.

        ~

It's 10 o'clock at night and I'm just now returning to my dorm. I slump across the hall to my dorm. I slowly slide the key into the knob and unlock it before carelessly pushing it open. Just my luck, Benji and Amy are here...as a couple.

"Hey Jess." Benji greets me with a smile. I acknowledge him with a lazy nod of the head. "Want to join us for a round?" Candyland guys, they're playing Candyland.

"No thank you, I think I'd rather cry silently into my pillow." I dropped face down onto my bed and hurried my head under my pillows.

"Is it Beca?" He asked.

"Yup." I knew he and Amy were already by my bed at this point by the gust if wind I felt followed by the edge of my bed sinking in.

"What happened?" Amy asked.

"She gave up, again."

"So just change her mind like the last time." Benji said.

"I can't." I pulled the pillow off of my head and looked at them. "She's moving...to L.A."

Benji looked shocked while Amy looked a little angered. She began to rant about how Beca  has poor timing because she's moving so close to regionals. Benji calmed her down and told her to go lie down. They exchanged a quick kiss then Amy made her way to Benji' s bed.

"You can't let her leave, Jess. It'll destroy you both." Benji said, turning his attention back to me.

"There's nothing I can do, she's made her decision." I said, pulling myself up.

"Do you love her?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course I do."

"Then show her. Show her how much she means to you. Jesse, I'm going to tell you the same thing my grandma told me. She always said that when you are choosing the woman to give your heart to and spend the rest of your life with, ask yourself this; Can you live without her?"

"Beca is my heart. When my heart fails to beat, I die. Beca leaving me, it's the equal to my heart stopping; therefore, I die."

"You have to put an end to her leaving before she puts an end to your life." Benji said with a smile.

I thanked Benji for giving me my confidence back then darted out of the room. I came to the hall Beca' s dorm is located in and slowed down. When I approached her door, I came to a hault and stared at it as I thought.

Here goes nothing.
--------------------------------
I think I'm getting pretty good with these cliffhangers.

This isn't a very long chapter but just like the last one, this is just a fill in to lead up to the plot twist. Hope you enjoyed and I think the next chapter will be a little longer.

Until next time, y'all just keep being y'all.