Chapter 19~ Can't Get Him Outta My Head

*Beca's P.O.V.*

"A week?!"

I told Amy about my failed attempt at ending these dreams. She has come up with her own experiment and I do not like it.

"Amy, I don't think I can go a week without talking to Jesse. I could barely go a day."

"What's with you?"

"What? Nothing. He's just fun to be with." So maybe I didn't tell her that I might be falling for him but she doesn't need to know everything.

"Ok. Look, it's only a week and if it doesn't help then we'll figure out something else. But, for now, it's all we've got."

"What am I supposed to do for a week?"

"You could try studying for some of your classes." she suggested.

I gave her a get real look as I replied, "Do you have any realistic suggestions?"

"I don't know, Beca. Make mixes, take extra shifts at the radio station, or spend more time with that yummy ex of yours. I don't care as long as it's not related to Jesse in any way."

"But the radio station is linked to Jesse." I pointed out.

"Want me to make your sentence longer?" she asked, sounding like my mother. "The rest of the Bellas and I are going to the club, you're welcome to join us if you'd like."

"The club? Again?How many drunken mistakes and hangovers does it take to make you realize that maybe you shouldn't be there?" I asked, disapproving of their choice in activity.

"Is that a no?" I gave her a duh look. "Ok. If you change your mind you know where to find us."

"Yeah, dead in a ditch somewhere or flipped in the road." I smarted off but she ignored me.

"I'm out. Remember, no Jesse." she said then closed the door behind her.

Here it is. The start of my long, hard, boring journey with no Jesse. I fell back on my bed and stared up at the ceiling.

Boredom.

That's what my life is without Jesse. His long movies and weird antics keep me sane. I may go crazy before this week ends. I have got to find something un-Jesse related to do, if there is anything.

                               ~

"Hi Luke."

"Beca? What are you doing here? You're not scheduled in for today, are you?" Luke asked as I walked into the radio station.

"No, I just, Jesse and I are taking some time apart and I really have nothing else to do so..."

"You have nothing to do when you're not with Jesse?"

"No, that's not it. I have to find something to keep my mind off of him."

"I don't think here is the best place to do that." I was about to ask him why when his reasoning appeared from behind the shelves.

"Jesse." I said quietly when I saw him.

"Hey Bec."

If you're wondering, Jesse does know about Amy's "rule". She let him text him and explain so he doesn't think I'm trying to avoid him.

"You gave him his job back?" I asked Luke.

"Yeah. I need the extra help and don't have time to train someone new so I rehired your boyfriend."