Chapter 10~ Luke!!!!

*Luke's P.O.V.*

It's 5 minutes until Beca and Jesse's shift starts and they're still not here. These young couples need to manage their time better. I'm finishing one of the broadcasts when I spot them walk into the room. I can immediately see something is wrong. Over the course of the summer I can't recall  a single moment that Beca wasn't wrapped in Jesse's embrace, holding his hand, kissing him or smiling at one of his stupid jokes or cheesy lines. But right now, as I'm watching them work, it seems as though the two are strangers.

I play some music then sit back in my chair and watch them as they work. Beca tries to avoid Jesse in every possible way while Jesse watches her intently. 'Did these two break up?' I can't help the happiness I feel at this thought. Beca is freaking beautiful, why she would be with a guy like Jesse is beyond me and when I heard that they were together I couldn't help the jealousy and anger that built up inside of me.

I pushed it back, telling myself that Jesse's a great guy and it serves me right for not wanting to work to get her because breaking down her walls is just too much work but now that I'm seeing this, I could care less about Jesse's feelings, I just want Beca.

                ~

Finally, Beca and Jesse's shift is over. I see Beca quickly rush out of the building leaving Jesse and me alone. I take this time as an opportunity to figure out what all of the awkwardness between the two was about.

"Jesse, what was that all about?" I asked as I leaned against the door frame of the booth.

"What was what all about?" He asked as he stopped walking and looked at me.

"Don't play stupid, we both could feel the tension in this room. What's going on with you and Beca?" He sighed and looked away from me before answering.

"There was an accident involving me and Beca. A semi collided into us and Beca was in a coma for 2 months. When she woke up yesterday, she had no memory of the last year, no memory of us." Woah, wasn't expecting that.

"That's bad. I feel for you man but this can't effect your work."

"I have to make her remember, Luke. That's all I care about right now. I don't care if you fire me or if I fail school, it's all worth losing if it means I can bring Beca back." Jesse said. I was considering firing him but after that story, I'm not that heartless.

"I understand. Now go on, I have to get back to work and you have to get to your next class." I said and shooed him out the door.

             ~

I set up the last playlist for the night and locked up the station before heading out. I've been thinking and now that Jesse has done all of the heavy lifting, getting Beca should be easy. Sure her walls are back up but they'll be easier to break this time. She lost all of her memories of her relationship with Jesse and that helps me in two ways:

1) All I have to do is replace Jesse so when her memories come back she will remember me as her boyfriend instead of Jesse.

2) When I get her, since she doesn't remember her and Jesse's relationship I don't have to deal with being compared to him.

This is still twirling around in my head as I knock on Beca' s door. Some fat blonde answers.

"Uh, hi. I'm Luke, a friend of Beca' s, i-is she here?" I asked.

"You just missed her." the girl answers with an Australian accent.

"Do you know where she's at?"